Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Idea!!! Lock Specific Apps In Iphone!!!

Default New Idea!!! Lock Specific Apps In Iphone!!!
    ok my idea is to have a app that will be posted on installer in a source. and in this app you have a setting to set a password and in the setting you have a option that u can scrool through a list and select different apps that you would like to lock specifcally. when u select those apps an click out of the app your phone should soft restart and when u go in to your springboard and select an app that you have locked with ur password (in the setting of that app), a screen should pop up and ask for your passcode. and if u kno it then u can use that app and if not it will say denied or something. and if u wanna make it really good make it to where if they like disable it 3 times in a roll then you should have to wait like 5 min.

i think this is a good way to keep your nosy freinds or family out of specific apps such as sms (text), email, safrai(hiding sites or letting them use it period) and itunes (keeping people from going in and just buying songs)

ok i kno a guy aready made a similar app like this one but i think it is poorly implemented. in this app u cant select a app to lock and selective a password for it.

now if someone can create it, it would be greatly appreciated and im sure ALOT of ppl would like it.

if any creator needs to contact me my email is [email protected] or you can contact me through aim ( im on it all the time) my scrrenname is aaauustiinnn

thanks to everyone
    Last edited by aaauustiinnn; 05-14-2008 at 09:22 AM. Reason: new email

Thanks

Oh man, do you know how many "new ideas" about app locking were posted in this forum...

A lot... but no ones made one yet... If it's not possible at the moment... someone just say so or else people are going to keep posting this "idea"

It would be possible, but most likely involves hijacking springboard controls and making a new one on the fly, that basically you have unlocked items springboard and locked spring board with password which goes to unlocked springboard.

Messing with springboard on fly has caused issues in past with even manually loaded apps ( not touching springboard ) so would need to be coded very tightly to not screw peoples phones up.

Its a good idea, but has been posted over 10 times in past. Thinking when february hits will get apps like this coming out for a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by aaauustiinnn View Post
    ok my idea is to have a app that will be posted on installer in a source. and in this app you have a setting to set a password and in the setting you have a option that u can scrool through a list and select different apps that you would like to lock specifcally. when u select those apps an click out of the app your phone should soft restart and when u go in to your springboard and select an app that you have locked with ur password (in the setting of that app), a screen should pop up and ask for your passcode. and if u kno it then u can use that app and if not it will say denied or something. and if u wanna make it really good make it to where if they like disable it 3 times in a roll then you should have to wait like 5 min.

i think this is a good way to keep your nosy freinds or family out of specific apps such as sms (text), email, safrai(hiding sites or letting them use it period) and itunes (keeping people from going in and just buying songs)

ok i kno a guy aready made a similar app like this one but i think it is poorly implemented. in this app u cant select a app to lock and selective a password for it.

now if someone can create it, it would be greatly appreciated and im sure ALOT of ppl would like it.

if any creator needs to contact me my email is [email protected] or you can contact me through aim ( im on it all the time) my scrrenname is aaauustiinnn

thanks to everyone
    come on anyone think this is a good idea? i think its pretty dope

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    It would be possible, but most likely involves hijacking springboard controls and making a new one on the fly, that basically you have unlocked items springboard and locked spring board with password which goes to unlocked springboard.

Messing with springboard on fly has caused issues in past with even manually loaded apps ( not touching springboard ) so would need to be coded very tightly to not screw peoples phones up.

Its a good idea, but has been posted over 10 times in past. Thinking when february hits will get apps like this coming out for a fee.
    I'm not an app make, I'm just interested: is it possible to make an app that will be always running & when it will see that you are launching some app it won't let the app start until you will type in the password.
    & one more thing about locking: Is it hard to disable password request when you juts "slide to unlock" 'cos I like then the phone asks you for a password when you turn it on & I don't what to put it in every time I unlock it.

Quote Originally Posted by aaauustiinnn View Post
    come on anyone think this is a good idea? i think its pretty dope
    The idea is very nice. Please do not offend community of MMI.

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    I'm not an app make, I'm just interested: is it possible to make an app that will be always running & when it will see that you are launching some app it won't let the app start until you will type in the password.
    & one more thing about locking: Is it hard to disable password request when you juts "slide to unlock" 'cos I like then the phone asks you for a password when you turn it on & I don't what to put it in every time I unlock it.

The idea is very nice. Please do not offend community of MMI.
    i believe it was a compliment ... hehehe

But this app would be useful, my friends always take it from me and check everything out, and I'd like it to be more personal.

I'm just speculating. But how is BigBoss Categories app working? He must simulate a app some way because he launches his app when you press a category that opens up the category screen.
    What if you could make a similar app so that every app that is locked has this lock-app inside with the same name as the original app, so it first launches and ask for a password and if the password is right it launches the original app.

I'm no programmer so i dont know how to do it, but since Categories work maybe you could use a similar approach to password protect apps?
    Last edited by raptorjr; 01-08-2008 at 02:36 AM.

Contact bigboss and see if he can add it to his current app

Contact bigboss and see if he can add it to his current app
    I dunno, he's pretty hard to find
    I'm just speculating. But how is BigBoss Categories app working? He must simulate a app some way because he launches his app when you press a category that opens up the category screen.
    Adding a password to a folder could be done. Then you would have to get the password correct before you could launch the folder. Inside the folder would be all the protected apps. I may write that down as a long term "todo".
    Last edited by BigBoss; 01-09-2008 at 02:05 AM.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

a man that would be nice you needa add a password protection option to your app =)

Your a great person, BigBoss

If you do make this (Hopefully sooner than a "long term todo" would take) I would definately donate to you

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss View Post
    I dunno, he's pretty hard to find
    Adding a password to a folder could be done. Then you would have to get the password correct before you could launch the folder. Inside the folder would be all the protected apps. I may write that down as a long term "todo".
    do you know how long it would take to do this? plus if anyone can create an app that i talked about up there ^^ it would be greatly appreciated =]]

Exclamation make this AWESOME APP!!!
    is it possible for anyone to make this??!!

What i was thinking is that a locked app is a special case of a category folder. A folder with just one app, and instead of the folder opening it starts the original app if the correct password has been given.

That will be more work. What you'd get at first out of me is just ability to put a password entry screen up before being allowed to open a category folder.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.

That will be more work. What you'd get at first out of me is just ability to put a password entry screen up before being allowed to open a category folder.
    Well i'm not implying that you should do it =) Was just thinking that the way you solved Categories could maybe be used to lock applications.

Default wud this work?
    hello people,
    i was wondering if this could be done a certain way. what if u make a application locking dock image? if any of the icons in the dock r pressed, it asks for an unlock code! wud this work or am i too programming illiterate.
    or how about u make a mini launcher in the dock with access to other icons inside it. if want to start any app inside the mini launcher, u need to type a code.
    just thinking out loud people...

Quote Originally Posted by still_kickin View Post
    hello people,
    i was wondering if this could be done a certain way. what if u make a application locking dock image? if any of the icons in the dock r pressed, it asks for an unlock code! wud this work or am i too programming illiterate.
    or how about u make a mini launcher in the dock with access to other icons inside it. if want to start any app inside the mini launcher, u need to type a code.
    just thinking out loud people...
    yea i feelz

when do u think youll be able to get the password option on your folders?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast