Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wide Screen SMS

Default Wide Screen SMS
    it will be really nice to have a sms app that supports wide screen keyboard..

Quote Originally Posted by JoniB View Post
    it will be really nice to have a sms app that supports wide screen keyboard..
    That would be great! Hope someone has the time and knowledge to develop this.

yup like in landscape mode

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

YES!!! horizontal keyboard for texting would be SWEET!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default I agree.
    Go only knows why Apple hasn't implemented this, it's so much easier to type on the landscape keyboard.

I wonder if it's worth all requsting it on the iPhone feature/enhancement request page of the apple site?

Can I link it here? Is any one interested in putting requests in to apple about it?

This has been brought up before and from what i read previously, it would be EXTREMELY difficult for a number of reasons i don't even know how to explain.

However, as much as i like the landscape mode for typing, it takes up so much of the screen it makes it difficult to see WHAT you are typing and to be honest, i can type pretty fast the normal way.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Hmm
    I don't see any problem with landscape, it can't possibly have negative effects, they could have it so that you get about 4 lines of your text (it's an SMS after all, you don't need that much on screen) and it would aid in typing a lot, fair enough I can also type pretty fast on the small keyboard but the larger one would be better and it makes no sense to force the use of the smaller one.

Again, I agree, it would be extremely difficult to implement by the community but I see no reason why Apple can't implement it themselves. It works just fine in the web browser already.

Quote Originally Posted by jim0068 View Post
    This has been brought up before and from what i read previously, it would be EXTREMELY difficult for a number of reasons i don't even know how to explain.

However, as much as i like the landscape mode for typing, it takes up so much of the screen it makes it difficult to see WHAT you are typing and to be honest, i can type pretty fast the normal way.

what about old school typing using the number pads instead of a keyboard? that would be a cool add on...

Thanks

that will not be cool. That was the reason why I have almost never typed SMS' on my motorola

iPhone? More like MyPhone PReCioSa's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree i hated the number pad on my motorola v3 the one reason i got the iphone 3g cause it does everything plus NO NUMBER PAD!!!! for sms one thing i hate more then everything is pressing the same button over and over to get to one letter lol!
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ PReCioSa Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
    irc.spotlatinos.com - #ChatGlobal