Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: sendfile problems

Default sendfile problems
    I noticed sendfile upgraded a couple of days ago and now when I select to email a file, it just returns to the springboard. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results. Anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    I noticed sendfile upgraded a couple of days ago and now when I select to email a file, it just returns to the springboard. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the same results. Anyone else having this problem?
    Same here, I just use WinSCP to get the songs off my phone, and then import them to iTunes and sync...

Thanks

same here.....sendsong works to email, but it doesnt scan the downloads folder....Wack sh&t

Default Solution
    I have Finder installed and you can browse through your files and email them using Finder. I am having the same problems with sendfile also. Hope that will temporarily fix your problems?
    Last edited by mcgill4; 12-23-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgill4 View Post
    I have Finder installed and you can browse through your files and email them using Finder. I am having the same problems with sendfile also. Hope that will temporarily fix your problems?
    Thanks I'll give that a try.

To the others, I don't send music, only documents and pdf files that are work related.

Thanks for the responses.

Finder will allow you to send any file on your iphone. let me know if you need any help. I can try to walk you thru it....

Finder will allow you to send any file on your iphone. let me know if you need any help. I can try to walk you thru it....
    Thanks, I'm familiar with it and the file structure. Sendfile is easy for my wife to use, so I hope it gets fixed soon.

Dudes, a few things: First, I generally don't read this branch of the forum. Please post on 29 or 33 (launches and 3rd party apps) or send me email or drop a comment on ericasadun.com

Second, are you running the latest version of SendFile (0.35)? It's working fine on my phone (1.1.2 vanilla) using both the Documents and Downloads folders. I can send email, play the audio, etc.

I'd like to know more about what errors you're getting but I don't have enough detail here to work with to help me figure out where the problem lies.

Cheers.

Thanks

The only error i get is when i attempt to send email...it then crashes back to springboard.....my email works for every other program so i don;t know why....im on 1.1.2...and never unlocked.....and where do i post to ask about why my bluetooth says unavailable after updating to 1.1.2....it says that in the settings menu....and also ive been on this site since day one and still dont know how to post a thread...please help.

I have the same problem, but I am running 1.1.1. I can open up sendfile and play audio or share it, but when I try to email the file it closes out and goes back to the springboard. Tried several times and restarted phone several times, stilll same problem...

I have the same problem, but I am running 1.1.1. I can open up sendfile and play audio or share it, but when I try to email the file it closes out and goes back to the springboard. Tried several times and restarted phone several times, stilll same problem...
    Just use Finder if you need to email it...

Same problem here, but neither Finder nor SendFile work for me, just crash to the homescreen. Maybe because I just finally got my gmail to work IMAP?
    !ROHT YTHGIM EHT MA I

I have been using Finder. I actually talked about that in an earlier post and it works perfect. Hopefully someone, or Erica, can figure out whats going on with it. Did you install them from installer or manually install them. If you manually installed them you will need to make sure they are set to execute. I usually use finder or squid to make sure they are set, but there is a way to do it through the command line. I am sure someone with more knowledge of using the command line with the iphone can walk you thru getting those set. If you installed thru installer you might want to try uninstalling them, reboot the iphone and then try installing them again. Also before you uninstall them, try rebooting the iphone and see if that works. Sometimes that will fix the problem. Let me know how things turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by vampyros_wrath View Post
    Same problem here, but neither Finder nor SendFile work for me, just crash to the homescreen. Maybe because I just finally got my gmail to work IMAP?
    naw, I have Gmail IMAP too, I just email it to myself...

The best thing to do with this kind of problem is run it from ssh and note whatever error it reports.

That's what tells me what went wrong and where.