Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: XM Radio Native App

Default XM Radio Native App
    I cannot wait for this! I know they have Usirius, but I do NOT like Sirius as much. Also XM gives free trials away online for a month, so you dont have to pay ever! XM is def better! Anyone know of any current way to get XM on?
    If you want free XM online radio for 30 days (same as tuner but online) visit
    Oprah & Friends it is an Oprah offer, you still get access to all the stations, and a 30 day trial instead of 7 day (7 day trial for regular users going to xm.com) And yeah i know they are eventually merging to form a super-monopoly but oh well who wants to wait?

-----
    Satellite radio provider XM is preparing to launch a native iPhone client to access its commercial-free broadcasts. Ars Technica notes that the company's executive vice president and chief marketing officer Vernon Irvin spoke to attendees at the Federated Media Conversation Marketing Summit that his company currently streams to select AT&T phones, and will expand to natively support the iPhone at an unspecified future time.

While details on the move are lean, the application would most likely be available from the App Store, and that billing would most likely be handled through AT&T. Since the information comes across the internet, the XM service functions best with AT&T's unlimited data plan.
    Last edited by whitegreyhat; 07-04-2008 at 05:10 PM.

wait so is the app out yet?
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

I dont think so. If it is I cant find it, did i post this in wrong area?

I think the Op is just stating their desire for an XM app.

ya u posted in the wrong area. post in the "request" area. i would love xm radio on the iphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    ya u posted in the wrong area. post in the "request" area. i would love xm radio on the iphone.
    me too! and nice e46 in your avatar...

OT: too bad BMW's only offer Sirius for their cars.

uXM (same developers as uSirius) can do this. But you have to run uXM on a local computer and link it up with Orb, and then you can stream to iPod over Wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by eli2k View Post
    uXM (same developers as uSirius) can do this. But you have to run uXM on a local computer and link it up with Orb, and then you can stream to iPod over Wifi.
    Yea i am checking out that website now. It might be a pain but I will try if not ill just record the streams as MP3s, until it comes out.
    Thanks for the information!

there is now a native XM radio app for the iPhone. It's in the "app launches" section of this site.

Eric

XM will have on for sale in the App store on release, is what I heard. Not sure if it will be out on release day or not?
    "Carpe iPhone"-"Seize the iPhone"-Steve's Roman Ancestors

Quote Originally Posted by CAPcadetJC View Post
    XM will have on for sale in the App store on release, is what I heard. Not sure if it will be out on release day or not?
    I pay for the XM subscription, and I have to pay for a software also =|

Quote Originally Posted by eli2k View Post
    I pay for the XM subscription, and I have to pay for a software also =|
    agreed. we already pay for XM subscription but to pay for an app to run it...

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have been using UXM for weeks...i have an XM subscription and its free to use...it works best on wifi but i have driven in my car in areas with bad satellite reception and it works great as long as there is a strong edge network
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

^^ agreed. I an lucky to have my EDGE strong enough to pick up for extended drives.

i really wish this would hurry up and come out for the 3g iphone. i miss this app

yeah.. that's a reason why I'm not jumping over to 2.0FW on the 2g iPhone i have.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i wish i had uxm still...i upgraded to 2.0 because i heard you could use orb to stream xm, but orb crashes a lot
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage

Quote Originally Posted by dontevenfucwitme View Post
    i wish i had uxm still...i upgraded to 2.0 because i heard you could use orb to stream xm, but orb crashes a lot
    Yeah I'm still on 1.1.4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ckybam69's Avatar
    Thanks

it will be out soon. oh and by the way the merger of xm and sirius in thru now so u can get the best of both worlds. millardsoftware is working on it for 2.x now

Quote Originally Posted by ckybam69 View Post
    it will be out soon. oh and by the way the merger of xm and sirius in thru now so u can get the best of both worlds. millardsoftware is working on it for 2.x now
    seriously? was this posted on their site? I'm waiting for uXM to update for FW 2.0+ then i'm updating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast