+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cisco VPN Implementation?

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
As many people may know, Cisco VPN is not compatible with the iPhone, as it only supports PPTP and L2TP. Many places operate on a Cisco VPN infrastrcture...So here I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cisco VPN Implementation?
    As many people may know, Cisco VPN is not compatible with the iPhone, as it only supports PPTP and L2TP. Many places operate on a Cisco VPN infrastrcture...So here I am wondering if it is at all remotely possible for a 3rd party Cisco VPN App so users can connect to the internet through their wifi

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It appears your wish has been answered. The Open Source 'vpnc' client for Cisco VPN is compiled and available through Cydia (apt.saurik.com). I wonder if someone will report using it... even though its not distributed through that corporate-beholden-AppTapp...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I installed vpnc from Cydia but I do not see how to launch/set it up... It does not come with an app icon? Any tips?
    Locked 1.1.1 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.1 --> Upgraded to 1.1.2 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.2 --> Upgraded to 1.1.3 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.3 --> Upgraded to 1.1.4 --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 1.1.4 with zIphone --> Jailbroken + Unlocked 2.0.2 with QuickPwn
    Network - Vodafone GR
    Call In/Out - Working!
    Youtube - Done!
    SMS/Edge/GPRS/Wi-Fi - Working!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi guys, I got bad news, for you and for me too...
    look at the log history of cydia
    http://www.telesphoreo.org/log/

the "guru" of that apt-get "installer" (saurik) just reports to have removed vpnc from the repository since it will never work.

It's a pitty, really.

cheers