+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mod 3rd Party Applications

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
hi all is it possible to mod an application? i don't know if you remember "send file" it's an application to send files, and it's also possible listen the audio
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Mod 3rd Party Applications
    hi all

is it possible to mod an application?

i don't know if you remember "send file" it's an application to send files, and it's also possible listen the audio files.

i want to change only one thing.. the root

the application shows all the files that are in ~/Media/Documents
    i want to change it , to show all the files content in /private/var/root/Downloads

the root is write in a crypted file called "sendfile" without any extension. i've opened it with a text editor, and i've changed the root, but after, when i put the new file into my ipod ... the application doesn't work anymore

so.. there is a way to change the root or to decrypt the file? thank you

(sorry for my bad english, i'm italian and i hope you can understand me the same)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,210 Posts

Shoot a quick email to Erica Sadun from TUAW, she is the author of that app, and is pretty good about responding to email.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks

Thanks

fabio...she already has and update on her site to add to sendfile that scans the downloads file too if thats what you mean......so if you download mp3 of safari then you can play it through sendfile...

Thanks

Also, the file is not encrypted, that is the actual application code that is executed when you run the program - it is the equivalent of a Windows .exe file.

You can't (easily) change the program code after it is compiled.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    fabio...she already has and update on her site to add to sendfile that scans the downloads file too if thats what you mean......so if you download mp3 of safari then you can play it through sendfile...

i know this thanks stlcaddie

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    Also, the file is not encrypted, that is the actual application code that is executed when you run the program - it is the equivalent of a Windows .exe file.

You can't (easily) change the program code after it is compiled.
    ah ok sorry
    by the way i've changed this file

Code:
    egisteredService != NULL  Testing for service collision   A kCFNetServicesErrorCollision occurred - will quit now
        Closing down service    FileThrowFrom%@ Error: 
    could not register Bonjour service   /var/root/Downloads   %@/%@   mailto:?attachment=%@   Connection received. 
    Requesting data from me.   FilePathSent    FileData    Data finished sending
       Data fully received Scan    converting data to plist    services %d
        About to share: %@  About to play %@    
    AMR MP3 M4A M4R M4P WAV AIF AIFF    /
    this is only a retail and as you can see i've insert /var/root/Downloads changing the original /media/documents root

but if i put the edited file into my ipod, the application doen't work anymore

oh stlcaddie, maybe do you mean that there is a new version of sendfile that can ceck the dowloads folder too?? I've installed sendfile from the installer and it's not possible to change the root

If you meant that there is a new version ( not on the installer ) that already do this, please confirm me that and forgive me
    i'm not english
    Last edited by fabiano1987; 12-11-2007 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost