+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS? or gps like program?

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hi This is my first post..=) Is there any program that can calculate how far I "walk" or "run"? I found programs that lets users to enter how far they
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default GPS? or gps like program?
    Hi
    This is my first post..=)

Is there any program that can calculate how far I "walk" or "run"?
    I found programs that lets users to enter how far they will run or walk, but is there any program that actually detects the distance traveled from the starting point to the end point?

Anybody know?

I found one program from the installer that calculates the position of the cell phone using two or more cellphone service antennas(towers), can anybody modify that and make the traveled distance calculator?

or is it just too hard to make one?

Thanks

I think that would be too hard to make, the Navison app just isn't accurate enough to calculate distance, it just uses cell tower triangulation to give you a rough location of your location in relevance to that cell tower. Therefore I don't think it would be possible.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

gustjs82 (12-09-2007)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I see..
    I just wish for the 2nd generation iPhone to come with GPS receiver then..=(
    Thanks for the reply anyway.=)

Thanks

yeah I want a GPS receiver too... but that's a wish Apple most likely won't grant in their next model of iPhone; it seems they like to play around with consumers nowadays.
    As for replying, no problem
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

no its because the battery would get drained even quicker with that cpu, edge, 3g, wifi, gps, and so forth and so forth. Or it could make it too thick for there taste. Then again the next version might. I know there are 45 nm production mobile dual core cpus, edge, wifi, and 3g chips. But I dont know about gps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Keep in mind that the iPhone already has a GPS, as required by law for 911 emergency location (they can find you using GPS if you call 911). Many phones already take advantage of the required GPS module by adding a GPS application. Apple just hasn't decided to add this application. You can expect it around February when Apple releases support for native applications.

Thanks

It does not have GPS and it is not required by law - read more.

There is a pedometer program but I did not find it very convincing when I tested it. I haven't seen any updates lately either.