Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Not a nube, but have a ? 4 yall

Default Not a nube, but have a ? 4 yall
    Ok so i'm kinda new 2 the apple world but have fairly acquainted myself with the iphone (pretty simple & strait forward). My question is this how the heck do i download (themes) from the puter 2 my iphone??? I'm jailbroken & all that good stuff but this is the only thing i can't figure out. Would this be a dropcopy thing??? I've gone into the summerboard & the themes i find on the puter r not on the iphone's summerboardm granted I can dl them on the puter but how do I exchange the files to my iphone... please help...

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Some themes (they must be meant for Summerboard) can be found via different Installer.app sources, search around the forum and you can find them. However, alot of Summerboard themes (many in the download section) must be placed on the iphone manually. To do this you must SSH into the phone and drop them into the "themes" directory under the Summerboard app. If you have not setup SSH, there are plenty of guides on this forum to help you get started. Good luck!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Oh, and if you are running a Win PC, may I suggest uses WinSCP for SSHing into the phone. Works very well.
    Last edited by cpjr; 12-06-2007 at 03:29 PM.

Or FileZilla.

Or you can use iPhoneBrowser via USB for Windows - I guess I should add some iPB tutorials on the google page.