Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need App For Getting Calendar and Notes From Iphone

Default Need App For Getting Calendar and Notes From Iphone
    So does this app already exist? My wife really needs something to DL or Email all her saved Calender events and all of her Notes.

Thanks

Your Calendar syncs with your desktop (iCal for OSX, Outlook for PC). There is currently no way to take your Notes off your iPhone.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

simply use iPhoneDrive - the latest version supports notes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by musicpenguy View Post
    simply use iPhoneDrive - the latest version supports notes
    Is that for Mac or PC?
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Your Calendar syncs with your desktop (iCal for OSX, Outlook for PC). There is currently no way to take your Notes off your iPhone.
    Ohh ok Outlook from Windows Office. Just for anyoneelse who might not know this (as i did not till now) Outlook is part of Office and is not included in the XP OS

anyhow now im having a problem with Itunes not registering that i have 2 Calendars(one for me and the other for my wife). So if i try to sync in iTunes it puts both of our syncs too one Calendar in Outlook.

I can see the option in iTunes to sync to a specific Calendar but it never highlights for me to use WTF is that all about :/
    Last edited by Travace; 12-04-2007 at 04:25 PM.

just do a google man

Its for Macintosh

Quote Originally Posted by Travace View Post
    Ohh ok Outlook from Windows Office. Just for anyoneelse who might not know this (as i did not till now) Outlook is part of Office and is not included in the XP OS

anyhow now im having a problem with Itunes not registering that i have 2 Calendars(one for me and the other for my wife). So if i try to sync in iTunes it puts both of our syncs too one Calendar in Outlook.

I can see the option in iTunes to sync to a specific Calendar but it never highlights for me to use WTF is that all about :/
    i've been using Outlook to sync my calendar for a few years now. there are ways around the problem with 2 devices syncing into one pc but they are far too complicated for my taste.

the simplest solution which i have always used to sync me & my wife's devices to the same pc was to simply create a separate windows user profile for the 2nd device on that same pc. then create a new outlook account for her for that new user profile. Outlook treats different user accounts separately thereby syncing the 2nd device to a clean outlook account. it won't even show the 1st device's data. try it, it works flawlessly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to m.o.r. For This Useful Post:

Travace (12-04-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by m.o.r. View Post
    i've been using Outlook to sync my calendar for a few years now. there are ways around the problem with 2 devices syncing into one pc but they are far too complicated for my taste.

the simplest solution which i have always used to sync me & my wife's devices to the same pc was to simply create a separate windows user profile for the 2nd device on that same pc. then create a new outlook account for her for that new user profile. Outlook treats different user accounts separately thereby syncing the 2nd device to a clean outlook account. it won't even show the 1st device's data. try it, it works flawlessly.
    ok i see i see and that explains problems i was having with it.

I did the 2nd profile in Windows and now in either one of the profiles when i sync in Itunes nothing exports to Outlook. the first time i synced on both phones it worked and now it does nothing. any idea what im doing wrong ?
    Last edited by Travace; 12-04-2007 at 07:33 PM.

are you using MS Outlook 2003 or later? coz outlook 2002 has a lot of problems w/iphone syncing.

if you are using outlook 2003 or 2007(preferred), a few basic syncing points to check:
    1. make sure you open Outlook at least once in the new user and create the outlook profile before syncing(just follow the wizard in creating the new account, and you don't need to input your e-mail if you don't use outlook for e-mail) .
    2. tick the checkboxes in the itunes iphone contacts & calendar tab to make sure they will be synced.
    3. look if you selected Outlook in the pull-down menus (make sure outlook is selected and not outlook express) for both calendar and contacts.

do these for both you and your wife's windows user profiles since each account setting is treated separately.

a good idea would be to back up your existing ms outlook data by selecting "import and export" from the file pull-down menu and select export to file. this way, if syncing screws up, you can restore your outlook database. or you can cleanly wipe all your mixed-up outlook data after a bad sync and restore from this database file if you choose to do so.

tell me how it turns out.

Thanks

Default both for MAC or WINDOWS..good APP
    http://syncml2iphone.com/pmwiki.php

SyncML where you need it!

Ever been annoyed that you could not sync your iCal with your office calendar or your iPhone? No more fear, SyncML2iCal.com is here! SyncML2iCal connects all your calendars in one place. E.g. Oracle Calendar Server, Apple iCal and iPhone, Google Calendar, Mozilla Sunbird, etc.!
    1: Install

Install the client by pointing your iPhone browser to http://repo.syncml2iphone.com This will add a source to your Installer.app Go to Installer.app and install the SyncML2iPhone application. (OBS: If you get a "Safari can't download this file" then add "http://repo.syncml2iphone.com" to Installer.app directly)
    2: Configure

Open the application from SpringBoard. Push the button that says preferences. Input your details in the preferences form. You can enter both SyncML details, Google Calendar details and iCal Feed details.
    3: Synchronize

Push the done button to go back to the main view. Now push the button for the calendar you want to sync. SyncML, Google Calendar or iCal Feed.

Done. Easy as 1-2-3!
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!