Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has anyone tried this?...

Default Has anyone tried this?...
    I was able to log on to my sirius media player threw safari and type in user name and password. I was able to pick any song I wanted to listen to and play it. No sound comes out on the iphone(which I expected). Is there any apps out there that would allow this?
    BeerMan

I remember a lengthly process of registering for some other site blah blah blah, but it worked from what I heard. I think it was from macrumors though. If you find it, please post it...

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    I remember a lengthly process of registering for some other site blah blah blah, but it worked from what I heard. I think it was from macrumors though. If you find it, please post it...
    WOOT! I found it! I am listening to Sirius on my iPhone right now.

Ok, this takes about 15-20 minutes but is well worth it! It is a bit of a lengthy process like you said but is very easy. No modding the iphone at all.

All credit for this goes to Adrian from the howard forums. This is a cut and paste from there. Here is the link to it:

Note: You must have a Sirius account for this to work.

http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...97&postcount=1

>Howard Stern (Sirius) + IPOD == Iphone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have also thought the ultimate portable audio/music device would be a Sirius receiver and an Ipod.

Well after reading a couple of other posts on this topic I can now hear Howard Stern live on my iphone!

You need the following:

1) http://www.millardsoftware.com/usirius (this runs on your local PC and connects over the internet to Sirius using your Sirius account).

The setup is pretty straight forward - just enter your Sirius account info and it will do everything else. Click on URLs to get the URLs for each Sirius channel you want.

2) Sign up with http://orb.com/ and install the local client on the same PC that you installed uSirius.

3) Set up Internet Radio Favorites on mycast.orb.com (cut/paste the URLs from usirius for Howard 100, 101) for each Sirius channel you want.

4) Login to mycast.orb.com from Safari on your iphone and select the favorite that you created. Listen away!

It works well over Wifi. However, I have to wait to go back to the states to see how well it will work over Edge on ATT as it's too expensive to use on Rogers, currently

Note there seems to be a bug, on the first connect from Safari, it will crash, just try again and it will stream quite well for a long time.

OH BTW live365 Internet channels also work in the same manner (Get the URL from itunes get info after trying on your PC). Iphone also works well as a remote control for my SqueezeBox.

Adrian<

One note, I did not experiance the crash on the first connect with safari like some have. My stream has been going for well over a hour now!
    ENJOY!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by BeerMan; 12-02-2007 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added note
    BeerMan

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BeerMan For This Useful Post:

hookerpuncher (01-17-2008)

Any reason this wouldn't work with an online XM account?

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    Any reason this wouldn't work with an online XM account?
    If you replace the link in step 1 with this one: http://www.millardsoftware.com/uxm

this should do it although I can't confirm because I don't have XM. Can anyone confirm this?
    BeerMan

Works great but one small problem, I did this and listned to XM for about 2 hours then suddely it stopped had to restart on the phone again other than that works great
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

I also have a Sirius radio.

A native app that plays Streaming Windows Media would be awesome! That is what Sirius uses for the web streaming.