Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Compiling problemsis a discussion within the
3rd Party Apps Requestsforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
So I'm working on making my own apps but am still in the learning phase. I'm pretty new to cocoa and objective c so I'm mostly learning by example. When...
12-01-2007, 09:04 PM #1Compiling problems
So I'm working on making my own apps but am still in the learning phase. I'm pretty new to cocoa and objective c so I'm mostly learning by example.
When I try to compile this program http://iappaday.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Leftover/
It throws me an error about not having the WebCore/WebFontCache.h header. I looked, and indeed there is no such header. If i look in the iphone filesystem I see a WebCore framework hidden in there though.
12-02-2007, 12:28 AM #2
Get a copy from Erica Sadun's site.
12-02-2007, 12:41 AM #3
you should have it, but if you have compiled a toolchain recently you'll be missing ALOT of headers. try looking in the berilos page and getting all the missing headers from the svn and putting them with the rest of your headers in /usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/include/
im assuming you have toolchain 3.0 cause if you used the installer dmg for 2.0 youd have the headers i think.. if you are using the old dmg installer the headers go in a diff folder, but im sure you know where that is.
Last edited by drunknbass; 12-02-2007 at 12:53 AM. Reason: forgot link
12-02-2007, 01:59 AM #4
I haven't had a chance to check it out (since I've been super busy getting the new server going) but I'm fairly certain this will fix all my problems. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much you have just helped me out. I'll let you know if it works out for me.
Last edited by chemicalcomfort; 12-02-2007 at 02:01 AM.
12-02-2007, 03:54 AM #5
the binary has been out for a while, but it is an older toolchain.. if you built recently you are prob using the 3.0, and these headers should help with your problems.
12-02-2007, 12:12 PM #6
It should also be mentioned I got the header files by extracting them from XCode2.5 (I also tried 3.0 but no luck)
Last edited by chemicalcomfort; 12-02-2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
12-02-2007, 01:19 PM #7
extracted them for xcode? those headers that come with xcode are for osx..
you should have added the berlios headers to yours. not replaced them.
12-02-2007, 02:29 PM #8
12-02-2007, 03:04 PM #9
well i cant help you then.. the headers for osx go in a completly seperate area than the toolchain. but i have no idea how setting a toolchain up on ubuntu is so i cant really help you.
12-02-2007, 03:13 PM #10
Hrm thanks anyway. Maybe I'll try doing it with Cygwin or OSX
12-02-2007, 03:45 PM #11
I don't get that error, did you edit your Makefile to fix the compiler names and remove the -Wl option and the extra -I includes?
Top of my working Makefile for this app:
LDFLAGS=-lobjc -ObjC -framework CoreFoundation -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework LayerKit -framework CoreGraphics -framework GraphicsServices
This is my WebFontCache.h:
* Generated by class-dump 3.1.1.
* class-dump is Copyright (C) 1997-1998, 2000-2001, 2004-2006 by Steve Nygard.
@interface WebFontCache : NSObject
+ (struct __GSFont *)createFontWithFamilyid)fp8 traitsunsigned int)fp12 sizefloat)fp16;
12-02-2007, 05:25 PM #12
k i duped the makefile to match yours, but now it throws No rule to make target `main.o', needed by `App'. Stop.
but it's clearly there in my makefile. if i remove main.o from the makefile, it throws Undefined symbols: _main.
i don't understand why it says it's not there when it is, but compiles with it's not there, but throws that error. I so confused...
I tried compiling my own program that used the WebFontCache object and it compiled! YAY! I'm still curious why the compiler is being so goofy with LeftOver though. :-/
Last edited by chemicalcomfort; 12-02-2007 at 05:37 PM.
12-03-2007, 08:05 AM #13
The no rule for main.o is occurring because there is no main.h and the %.o line depends on %.h - either remove the %.h or copy the two lines down and remove %.h from the copy.
The Following User Says Thank You to NetMage For This Useful Post:
12-03-2007, 11:39 AM #14
12-06-2007, 06:18 PM #15
No problem - glad it started working.