Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Request: Wep Cracker for Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Again... What apps? Name them, source them.
    Here's how to get the source to aircrack-ng
    Code:
    svn co http://trac.aircrack-ng.org/svn/trunk/ aircrack-ng
    You can check out their website here http://www.aircrack-ng.org/

Making a wep cracker for the iphone is actually what inspired me to get into programming for the iphone.
    My Installer Source for themes, wallpapers, and keyboards: http://www.apogeeltd.com

As soon as someone can get the card into monitor mode these apps will be easier to port.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Again... What apps? Name them, source them.
    standard hacker will take approximately 3minutes to crack into a wep encrypted network using free software...

tests were done by the fbi who confirmed this.....

source: it was huge news once it came out - everyone knew... google it

Instead of trying to crack into networks... why not create an app which installs a proxy into the safari browser... so u can browse securely on public networks such as the library... their are apps for windows, etc. which do this but one for the iphone would be great... it runs kinda like torrents with everyone sharing the data.
    Last edited by macky801; 12-01-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

that proxy is called tor. i asked about this on the tor irc channel, and the response was: "if someone wants to send me an iphone, i'll try".

I think a built in iPhone WEP cracker with Stumbler would be awesome. As soon as stumbler recognizes an access point with WEP then it gives you the option to start cracking.

Also, a small addition to Stumbler would be to differentiate between WPA and WPA2. Currently WPA2 is recognised as WEP unfortunately.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blinker View Post
    that proxy is called tor. i asked about this on the tor irc channel, and the response was: "if someone wants to send me an iphone, i'll try".
    a simple proxy would be amazing... similar to tor...

im sure it could be done.

but do we really want to associate ourselves with things like that?
    people might look down apon 3rd party hacks if we start doing things like this

though airsnort and wifi sniffers are pretty useful.
    if they have "wpa" encryption it could take years to figure out the key.
    most people dont however, infact a neighbors password was 1-9 hahah

i think id be kinda cool,
    though the ten minutes it would take for you to hack a stangers wifi
    would take longer than just using edge in the first place.

dont steal wifi, its mean.
    "I accidentally upgraded my firmware.....again..."

Thanks

I am not saying steal wifi, I am saying we should create a proxy for the iPhone..

Anyone have any possible updates on this?

I think it would be possible to port aircrack to iPhone, but has anyone thought of what it would take?

It would use up almost all the battery and 100% CPU while running. That doesn't sound too iPhone friendly to me... This is as close to a computer in your pocket that you can get, but you need to remember it's not a full computer. It has limitations.

And aircrack does work, there are many apps out there.
    Thanks,
    Matt

well, first I want to say IBTL!

But anyways, porting a WEP cracker doesn't sound very useful to me, it would kill battery life and send a blanket message of illegalities for 3rd party app devs... It would be cool in a 'proof of concept' form, but not for mass release. I'm surprised that this is allowed to be discussed, though many other things that seem less harmless are locked immediately.. just playin' around guys

I def agree about a proxy server. I don't like thinking that AT&T, and pretty much anyone on the networks (WiFi) could see what we are doing... Not that we have anything to hide!!
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

I support this request, only because it would bring more attention to security flaws in current wi-fi systems.

I see no problem whatsoever with the legality of a WEP cracker for the iphone.
    My first reason is that the software is already legal (at least in the US) for a pc.
    My second reason is that the software is not intended for illegal use.
    I have been forced to use a WEP cracker before to help my friend's family fix their wireless network. This has happened numerous times before. It is much better than resetting the router when someone forgets their password, because this way you do not lose the configuration.

So with that....bring on the WEP crack

Quote Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
    I see no problem whatsoever with the legality of a WEP cracker for the iphone.
    My first reason is that the software is already legal (at least in the US) for a pc.
    My second reason is that the software is not intended for illegal use.
    I have been forced to use a WEP cracker before to help my friend's family fix their wireless network. This has happened numerous times before. It is much better than resetting the router when someone forgets their password, because this way you do not lose the configuration.

So with that....bring on the WEP crack
    darkrom is absolutely correct. There is nothing illegal about using a WEP cracker. The illegal part comes in when you try to crack and use someone's WiFi without their knowledge and permission. It is up to user with what they do with the program.

It's just like buying a gun. There's nothing inherently evil with it, but an evil person can indeed doing bad things with it. It's all about responsibility.
    My Installer Source for themes, wallpapers, and keyboards: http://www.apogeeltd.com

Thanks chemical

Is anyone currently working on this project at all? I am just curious to know if it has been started or is even something that anyone plans on doing.

I would use it as a security check for personal and business security. I've seen OQO systems with Linux be used to check the security of internal firewalls. Just be cool to just use the iPod instead of a computer.

While it may be technically possible from a software point of view I can't see it being possible with the iPhones Hardware. It may be slick with simple apps but doing the number crunching required to crack any WEP password would likely deplete a full battery before it could complete.

Quote Originally Posted by HexusOdy View Post
    While it may be technically possible from a software point of view I can't see it being possible with the iPhones Hardware. It may be slick with simple apps but doing the number crunching required to crack any WEP password would likely deplete a full battery before it could complete.
    that's why u have a charger. I wanna get into the wifi at work. I havent asked them for the password. Maybe I should though. But I wouldnt have a problem letting my iPhone work for 5 hours cracking if it will eventually get me the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    that's why u have a charger. I wanna get into the wifi at work. I havent asked them for the password. Maybe I should though. But I wouldnt have a problem letting my iPhone work for 5 hours cracking if it will eventually get me the key.
    same here i have no service in most spots where i work but there is a strong wifi signal it would be nice to be able to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by macky801 View Post
    Instead of trying to crack into networks... why not create an app which installs a proxy into the safari browser... so u can browse securely on public networks such as the library... their are apps for windows, etc. which do this but one for the iphone would be great...
    If you somehow manage to get SSH running permanently on the iPhone you already have a solution there. Just install an SSH-server at home, install OpenSSH on the iPhone, start it with the -D parameter, eg:
    ssh -D 127.0.0.1:8080 user@host

This would turn ssh into a secure proxy accepting connections locally only. After that one would only have to set the connection properties to use that proxy. The problem again though, is making ssh run permanently.

Launcher please?

That would be nice, but having SSH open all the time would also be dangerous because I saw that way that someone could hack your phone will it is running SSH...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast