Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WPA Enterprise Support - Application/Utility Request

Default WPA Enterprise Support - Application/Utility Request
    Is it possible for someone to write an app/utility that will fix apple's bug of not allowing WPA Enterprise wireless networks? This is a major flaw that is affecting hundreds if not thousands of users.

If anyone is up to the task please do so!!

Thanks in Advance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by musicpenguy View Post
    Is it possible for someone to write an app/utility that will fix apple's bug of not allowing WPA Enterprise wireless networks? This is a major flaw that is affecting hundreds if not thousands of users.

If anyone is up to the task please do so!!

Thanks in Advance
    It's not a "bug" - that's implying that it's there but doesn't work correctly or as expected. It was OMITTED. Totally different.

And no, it's not a "flaw", nor is it affecting "hundreds if not thousands" of users. Besides, there's a MILLION+ of iPhone users, so even if "thousands" were "affected", that's, what, like 0.5%?

Apple didn't include it because WPA2 is supposed to auto-fallback and be compatible with WPA devices. My router is setup for WPA2, and my iPhone connects to it just fine, gets an IP, and is online.

So the answer is no, that ain't gonna happen.

ENTERPRISE SUPPORT

Its not WPA 1 or 2 - its simply having the ability to use a USERNAME!!

Know a little bit about what I am talking about - this is a standard protocol used globally that is affecting a large percentage of users!

And in my eyes it is a "bug" it is leaving out something that every other computer in the world can connect to ! - the iPhone is a computer and should be able to connect with a username and a password

Thanks

bug noun, Informal. a defect or imperfection, as in a mechanical device, computer program, or plan; glitch.

NOT having an option is not a "bug", it's an omission. It no more a "bug" than the lack of MMS is a "bug".

Regardless, not gonna happen 3rd-party since it's a core feature, and would need to come from Apple. And since the iPhone isn't directed to corporate customers, it's not something they're gonna add.
    Last edited by HotStuff2; 11-30-2007 at 08:44 AM.

The huge amount of colleges and universities that use this would hint to me that a bunch of college students want iPhones and have iPhones/touches that it should be something they should add.

Default petition
    Here's a petition for Apple to support WPA-Enterprise.

http://www.petitiononline.com/iphonewf/