Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FM transmitter application

Default FM transmitter application
    just an idea. Anyone know if this is being worked on? I'm sure people would love to have this app to play their music on their stereo without spending 90 for the ones they sell in the stores.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stopthat75 For This Useful Post:

fo2shy (05-19-2011)

Well the problem with that is their would have to be some sort of hardware to support that app.... the iphone does not have a secret built in FM transmitter just waiting to be unlocked....

The state of science education is very sad...

Quote Originally Posted by stopthat75 View Post
    just an idea. Anyone know if this is being worked on? I'm sure people would love to have this app to play their music on their stereo without spending 90 for the ones they sell in the stores.
    WOW an Fm transmitter cannot be implemented with a program you need hardware antennas transmitters!!!! while you guys are working on this why not add a GPS program!!! LOL

or maybe a radiation meter..!!!so when we get close to reactor the phone will do the sound of a gaiger meter...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonydeli7 View Post
    or maybe a radiation meter..!!!so when we get close to reactor the phone will do the sound of a gaiger meter...!!!
    yeah that would be great!!!

*** holes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stopthat75 For This Useful Post:

mimali6 (06-29-2009)

Arrow hmmm
    Cell phones broadcast in the 850 MHz and 1900 MHz range. Dont see why one couldn't lower the modulation frequency of the transmitter to the FM range of 85MHz to 106MHz. It's likely the transmit frequency is set by a control signal from the CPU. All depends on what the limits are on the transmitter hardware. One thing for sure is that it would be likely impossible to have the phone transmit FM and cellular data at the same time, meaning you can't receive or make calls while transmitting to your stereo, but that might not be such a bad thing on a nice road trip. But what do I know. I'm just an electrical engineer at GE with an M.S. in physics. The the radiation meter guys probably know more.

But if people could do that they would change it to run on T-Mobile's 3G freq

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

My phone already has this except oddly enough it is called Bluetooth in my Settings app.

Wow, you people should take a chill pill, some of these responses are just uncalled for!
    Yes a FM transmitter would be great to have, and ACTUALLY there was rumor with the 3GS that it might include the hardware for a FM transmitter but unfortunately it did not, the new HD appears to follow the 3GS footstep as well to not include this feature. My guess is its not coming to the IPhone anytime soon, probally never. Never the less, it is a good idea...

Isnt there an application that can just let us access the fm and listen to what i have on my iphone(ipod)??i once had a Nokia N79,it had all that and i could just listen to music from my phone on the car radio...cant there be an app to do that??

Thumbs up The only wrong answer is.....
    ...to never ask at all.

I, for one, am thankful this information was here. It beats chasing ghosts!

Speaking of transmitters... how crazy is it to ask about a bluetooth tranmitter for my guitar? Sorry. I digress but, that would be a cool replacement for the iRig.

I'ma lil late on this p0st but that is a nice idea b0ut a FM transmitter, but h0w do da frequencies w3rk for lock'n/unlock'n/start'n ur car, or turn'n ur alarm on/off at ur house, turn'n ur heat on/off in ur house, and 0pen'n ur garage d00r's w/ ur iph0nes... I kn0 there are apps that lock/unlock/start ur car, and apps that do all s0rts of functions at ur house. The question is what frequency do all those things run on, and if so the iPh0ne does transmit these frequencies to da receivers, allow'n ppl access to their cars/homes alike...I d0n't make apps yet, I'ma newbie still when it comes to iDevices, but if iPh0nes can transmit frequencies to cars/homes why not to other things als0. What if ya kn0 what frequency a car has 4 remote start/keyless entry and lets not forget keyless cars in general, mean'n no need 4 a key to drive away w/ da car, s0me ATM machines have wireless signals, national grid has wireless signals, if ya knew the frequency they ran on could ya pr0gram an app to broadcast/transmit/recieve that signal? It's somethang I'm l00k'n int0 lately and ne help would be greatful thankx -NuTT

There is no way an app can do this if the hardware isn't there.