+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS forwarding to email

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I work in an area with no service whatsoever. This got me thinking...is it possible to make an app that when it is running it will forward all of your
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default SMS forwarding to email
    I work in an area with no service whatsoever. This got me thinking...is it possible to make an app that when it is running it will forward all of your text messages to a specified email address? I'm sure tons of people could find uses for this application. Is it even possible?

Thanks

Bump. Can someone at least let me know if this would even be possible?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I highly doubt it because ur phone is the only way to get messages off the network so no matter what ur phone would need to have signal in order for this to work.

Now if u leave ur phone at home or something were it does get signal then MAYBE a dev could write an app to do that.
    8Gb iPhone
    1.1.4 Jailbroke on AT&T
    Windows XP on Sony VAIO Laptop

Thanks

That would still be cool. I could leave my phone in my car where I would have service and check the SMS via email. It would also be a good way for ATT users to view their MMS messages since swirly will not work for us. I always have to ask people to send it to my email so I can view it on my phone. We could just forward all the sms/mms to email and reply from there.

Thanks

smsd has an option to do this it wont send each message to you but you can back everything up via e-mail

Thanks

The only way for this to actually work is if you use the Multimedia Message instead of the standard text message.

What do I mean by this? If you have a cellphone number, most likely you already have email with that number. So the example would be is [email protected] and you just use your email from your iTouch or iPhone to send a email to your friends phone & let them know in the message that its you. Then if they have Multimedia Message enabled on their phone (which most phones these days include Multimedia Messaging as part of the service) then they can reply back to your email and you would get it to your email.

I had to do this when I went to meet up with one of my friends. I had no minutes on my phone, so I used my iTouch and everything worked out find since the place I was meeting them up with had FREE WIFI so I was able to stay in contact. You should try this out. If you have anymore questions, PM me and I'll get back with you with more detailed information.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ughhh this would be amazinggg! i live in an area with ZERO service and i text a bunch. i wish it were as easy as call forwarding were =(