Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How DDR/Stepmania would look on an iPhone

Default How DDR/Stepmania would look on an iPhone
    Heres a quick photoshop of how ddr would/could look on an iphone

I would love if someone could actually program this for the iphone.

Stepmania is available on the mac and has its source code available so i dont see why it wouldnt be possible.

I for one am a huge ddr freak, so it would be a dream come true to see this happen.

And don't say, "oh they have that already, its called tap tap revolution", no tap tap revolution is more like guitar hero than ddr.
    Last edited by Jonny202003; 05-06-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

any ddr type game on an iphone is like a guitar hero, you can't step on your phone... its all the same concept, and highly doubt anyone would change the concept to fulfill your need
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    any ddr type game on an iphone is like a guitar hero, you can't step on your phone... its all the same concept, and highly doubt anyone would change the concept to fulfill your need
    Not exactly, its not like guitar hero just because you cant literally dance on it.

I play stepmania on the keyboard all the time on my pc, and thats not considered guitar hero.

TTR has the notes going in the wrong direction, wrong note skin, and only 3 notes, therefore a different experience.

If TTR was like ddr, then i wouldnt have been dissapointed when it was released, not that its not a great app, i was just looking forward to actual ddr.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

making them scroll up, then trying to tap them blocking your view, would get annoying.

maybe a downward scrolling ddr or even a beatmania kinda game similiar to tap tap but with 4 notes.

an upward scrolling game would not be as cool, jus because you would be blocking your view as you tapped the notes
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

I disagree.

I'd -love- a replica of ITG or Stepmania on the iPhone. I still regularly play on keyboard and it'd be really nice to be able to not only play simfiles on an iPhone but also be able to create stepcharts on it!

Quote Originally Posted by GodMystic View Post
    I disagree.

I'd -love- a replica of ITG or Stepmania on the iPhone. I still regularly play on keyboard and it'd be really nice to be able to not only play simfiles on an iPhone but also be able to create stepcharts on it!
    Exactly, you know what im talking about.

I'd love a DDR/Stepmania app as well

Thanks

Me too! Did you know ITG is Stepmania based?

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Hi guys,

I'm working on the DDR/ITG simulator for the iPhone/iPod touch. It's called TapMania and I would really appreciate any help. Design, code.. anything is welcome. I don't have a lot of time for it and i miss a lot of enthusiasm because nobody seems to be interested.
    There are no releases yet but there is a public SVN. Things currently doesn't really work because I'm now porting the rendering from timers to threads/runloops and currently working on menus for the game.. especially the wheel menu.
    However the game is already able to parse .dwi files and play them with sound and synchronization. input is still missing however.
    Feel free to PM me with questions etc.

url: tapmania - Google Code

BR,
    Alex