+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: send photos,Mp3s,other files through bluetooth

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
will there be a new applicatation for sending files through bluetooth to other phones like: MP3 photos ringtones
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post send photos,Mp3s,other files through bluetooth
    will there be a new applicatation for sending files through bluetooth
    to other phones
    like:

MP3

photos

ringtones

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully when the SDK is released.

I don't think there are any applications that utilize bluetooth yet.

I hope Apple release more support for BT

I really think they did a poor job when it came to release day of the iphone.

So much missing - and now we have to wait for it?

I dont remember phones being like this. You get the phone and it works 120% out of the box.
    With apple it works 100% - but they're always trying to add that 20% thru forsaking updates!

Damn you apple!
    Last edited by mofolo; 11-07-2007 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Thanks

I am winodw user and the few Apple user arround me alsways critiszing windows and sayign the Apple is very stable, best it has all, it is simple bla bla bla. Now that I have bought Iphone i see that all these things were bull ****.

A so expensive phone made in 2007 which dont have a basic fucntion that are even in teh the most chepaes phone it is a shame.

Why the hell the bluetooth is there if it is only for headset
    Why I need to find extra application to be able to delte a SMS
    Why I cant send MMS which is the damn basic thing in all phone now days.
    Why i need to go to call if i want ot check a contact.
    Why when i want to add a photo i have to add in one master folder i cnat use my photos that are on different cd's, hard disk...
    Why I need to find a needle when i want to change a sim card, who the hell goes out always with a needle in a pocket.
    This why can continue for pages WHY WHY ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by netuser View Post
    I am winodw user and the few Apple user arround me alsways critiszing windows and sayign the Apple is very stable, best it has all, it is simple bla bla bla. Now that I have bought Iphone i see that all these things were bull ****.

A so expensive phone made in 2007 which dont have a basic fucntion that are even in teh the most chepaes phone it is a shame.

Why the hell the bluetooth is there if it is only for headset
    Why I need to find extra application to be able to delte a SMS
    Why I cant send MMS which is the damn basic thing in all phone now days.
    Why i need to go to call if i want ot check a contact.
    Why when i want to add a photo i have to add in one master folder i cnat use my photos that are on different cd's, hard disk...
    Why I need to find a needle when i want to change a sim card, who the hell goes out always with a needle in a pocket.
    This why can continue for pages WHY WHY ?
    Um.. iPhone's are not Macs. That's like comparing a Zune to Vista. Also, do you find an iPhone hard to use? All I see you griping about is a lack of features that you think should be there.

Let's go over your points...

- Bluetooth is only for headsets, because Apple has made no programs which will support other functions. Once they do, you'll have these features.
    - Can you delete individual SMS messages with your regular phone? I never could, even with my previous Treo 680. I'm glad a third party app makes this feature available to us.
    - MMS is the poor mans email. As iPhone uses a real email client, why do you need MMS? They both use the same amount of data.
    - Are you saying, when you want to check a contact on your wireless phone, you don't have to go to Menu -> Phonebook? What's the diff?
    - Don't even know what you're talking about with the photos.
    - I think the more pertinent question is, who needs to change their SIM card on a daily basis. Do you travel that much?

Here's a good why... Why don't you stop griping and appreciate what you have.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 11-11-2007 at 09:30 AM.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

-I use bluetooth ervery days since several years to echange , pics, ringtone, music with my freinds, colleagues, It is a very basic feature of a phone.
    - Yes In never say any phone in wich you cant delte individual phone else then i phone and i chaneg phoen every 6 months and i know what i am saying. Why should someone delte all sms. It is so basic thing of phone.
    - How do you send it when you dont have Wifi or Edge connection ? MMS is a simple way to share pics when you dont have internet connections and every single phone have this.
    - You dont see what I am talking ? Ok Lets say you have some picture to put on your phone. In Itune you have to choose a folder where are the pics (yes folder not a pic it force you to choose a whole folder) now lets say you have some family pics in an other cd rom you oh great i want to put them on my iphone. You go and choose that folder in cd rom and surprise all you old pics you uploaded are erased from your phone and you have only those cd rom one. This thing force you to coppy all your whole pics to one place where is the logic here :S .
    - I have 2 sims here so depnding on where i am calling i change sims on my phones, but with iphone i have to search for a pin :S

I appreciate my iphone but these are so many basic fucntion that we are in habit to use for years now which are missing in iphone. Do the person who made iphone never ever used a phone in their life or what ?

Thanks

-I use bluetooth ervery days since several years to echange , pics, ringtone, music with my freinds, colleagues, It is a very basic feature of a phone.
    - Yes In never say any phone in wich you cant delte individual phone else then i phone and i chaneg phoen every 6 months and i know what i am saying. Why should someone delte all sms. It is so basic thing of phone.
    - How do you send it when you dont have Wifi or Edge connection ? MMS is a simple way to share pics when you dont have internet connections and every single phone have this.
    - You dont see what I am talking ? Ok Lets say you have some picture to put on your phone. In Itune you have to choose a folder where are the pics (yes folder not a pic it force you to choose a whole folder) now lets say you have some family pics in an other cd rom you oh great i want to put them on my iphone. You go and choose that folder in cd rom and surprise all you old pics you uploaded are erased from your phone and you have only those cd rom one. This thing force you to coppy all your whole pics to one place where is the logic here :S .
    - I have 2 sims here so depnding on where i am calling i change sims on my phones, but with iphone i have to search for a pin :S

I appreciate my iphone but these are so many basic fucntion that we are in habit to use for years now which are missing in iphone. Do the person who made iphone never ever used a phone in their life or what ?
    Just a couple of things in rebuttal. First, what wireless GSM phone doesn't have GPRS (that's internet for you and me)? Like I said, whether its GPRS or MMS, it uses the same amount of data. And every single phone has MMS? Working in the Wireless community, I can safely say that's a load of crap.

You quite obviously don't know how to use iTunes, but that's ok, we all have to learn sometime. You can copy folders or single pictures without any problem, just drag them over. Once the picture from your CD rom is synced with your iPhone, you can put it away. In iTunes it will simply have a ! beside the filename, but it will stay on your iPhone. Additionally, go into the Advanced settings on your iTunes preferences and uncheck "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library". This eliminates the need to move anything to your HD when you import into iTunes.

Lastly, if you can afford two wireless carriers, I'm sure you can afford to carry around a paperclip in your pocket. Don't you think?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Digital Oxygen's Avatar
    Thanks

Not all carriers have MMS email Gateways. I have a ton of friends on a carrier in wyoming, called Union Telephone. Guess what... They can send MMS messages, receive MMS messages, even Send email... But they can't RECEIVE email (the rich man's MMS, I guess). So yeah. MMS would have been nice on the iphone.

Hopefully, 23 more days till I get the new E90 Communicator, and I can shelve the iPhone.

Thanks

where do you drag the pic in itune ? as i only have picture tab when i am on iphone menu and only let me choose folder and there is no way to drag and drop :S

Thanks

iphone is a good phone, i like the look and design, but you must admit that there are some basic phone feature that are lacking in such an expensive phone. dont you think ? be honest

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post

Hopefully, 23 more days till I get the new E90 Communicator, and I can shelve the iPhone.
    Ya, its always better just to go out an buy new hardware than to wait for a feature to be added to your existing phone. lol! You must have money out the ying yang, or at least your parents do.

where do you drag the pic in itune ? as i only have picture tab when i am on iphone menu and only let me choose folder and there is no way to drag and drop :S

Thanks

iphone is a good phone, i like the look and design, but you must admit that there are some basic phone feature that are lacking in such an expensive phone. dont you think ? be honest
    Do you have a Mac or a PC? I fully admit there's features lacking, but to put down the entire phone, and its maker (Apple) just because the feature hasn't been added yet is a bit ridiculous. Some people have no patience.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 11-11-2007 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me Digital Oxygen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Ya, its always better just to go out an buy new hardware than to wait for a feature to be added to your existing phone. lol! You must have money out the ying yang, or at least your parents do.
    Eh. To some people who actually NEED currently unavailable features, yes. It's better to get new hardware than wait for the features to POSSIBLY be added in the future. Don't get me wrong, I really do like the rest of the iPhone... sans the mediocre camera, lack BT profiles availability and lets not forget, the lack of MMS capabilities.

Yes, I know. no one forced me to buy an iPhone. I'll give you that. I'm not going to start ******** and moaning about how the iPhone sucks. I just wish Apple, in their lack of) wisdom, would have added MMS capabilities.

The Camera, eh. I can deal with it. I've got an 8MP Rebel XT in my pick-up truck, and a Lumix 5MP in my car. The BT I can deal with as well, since I don't use it often. But it would have been nice to have other profiles available to be able to BT a picture or a ringtone to someone else.

But the lack of MMS is really short sighted on Apple's part, IMHO. About as short sighted as putting the phone's antenna on the bottom, where your hand covers it when you're using the handset to your ear.

Oh well... All these compalints (mine, and others), I think, are just wasted keystrokes. Jobs will never pull his head out of his rectum long enough to actually understand that not all users of his mighty iPhone conform to what his idea of the ideal iPhone user is.

Oh.. And my parents were piss poor. No trust fund for my happy arse.

Thanks

I am using PC, so the itune has different fucntions depending on what system it is on ?

I dont remeber Word or Excel has less features when they are on MAC :S