+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dev people: T9, please!

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
sorry, wrong forum, moved...
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Dev people: T9, please!
    sorry, wrong forum, moved...
    Last edited by giraf; 11-01-2007 at 02:32 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to giraf For This Useful Post:

nwriko (04-10-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Dev People: T9, please!
    If some of you talented people could implement a T9 dictionary and make it possible to write messages using the numeric keypad, i would pay almost a milion dollars in donations!

Ah, maybe that's a bit on the large side, but it would be fantastic. I hate that stupid little qwerty keyboard. Can write so much faster on regular T9.

So anyone up for it? Is it even possible?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i like his idea and i will tweak it a little. sure T9 is great and everything but how about like a Suretype 2 letters per key instead of 3 but that is just my take on it. I would love bigger keyes and T9 would work well in SMS, but it is possible just a lot of man hours and digging through code to work it out

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

thread moved

why do u want t9?
    mod edit, old signature removed

Thanks

I think the qwerty keyboard is awesome, spell check and common used words are very well thought of

Thanks

it isnt that awesome though in SMS or "portrait" mode it is horrible but if you could use suretype in "portrait" that would be amazing. to tell you the truth i would buy my girlfriend one.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

id much rather have a lanscape keyboard than t9, t9 is very useful on phones with numeric keyboards but i dont see it being practical on a toufch screen with the ability to use a full keyboard
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

Green Apple
    Thanks

i wholeheartedly support your request!

there is nothing wrong with the qwerty keypad. i absolutely love it. having said that, there is no way one can write using the present system WITHOUT looking. it is instead very doable when using t9.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

so do you have a t9 keybord on your comp if not then i think you can use qwerty farster
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question How could we...
    How could we need a T9 input method, when Apple re-invents input intelligency :

http://www.apple.com/iphone/gettings.../keyboard.html

Moreover, if developpers correctly select the right keyboard type for each input field, your input is filtered / modded so it matches the desired result.

For exemple, you can force default capitalization :
    1. None
    2. Words
    3. Sentences
    4. All caracters

You can activate / desactivate correction (for exemple for a LastName field)

You can choose one of these types :
    1. Default
    2. Alphabet
    3. Numbers @ Punctuation
    4. URL
    5. Number Pad
    6. Email Addressing
    7. Single Email Adressing
    Can you do that with T9 ???

Thanks

You're all missing the point. Yea, i can type like a madman on my computer qwerty, but that's not the same as typing on my iphone qwerty. Also, I would like the numeric keypad with t9 so i could type with one hand, and not have to look at the screen while inputting. Not asking to totally replace the qwerty, just the option of using a program with numeric t9.

Different strokes for different folks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i know this is an old post, but why not do this? it is something that everyone would use at one point in time. like driving or during a class, it would make it alot easier for people to text & stay focused on other things as well

Thanks

Would you not just make the same mistakes ok a touch screen t9 keyboard as you would ok a qwerty keyboard?you would still have to look at the screen to make sure you were hitting the 4 key instead of the 1 or 7

Thanks

T9 is very popular and lots of people can type very quickly on it. If it can be done I think it would be surprisingly popular, not that I'd use it myself.

What I'd find a lot more useful would be a method of editing the built in dictionary - or have I missed this feature?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    T9 is very popular and lots of people can type very quickly on it. If it can be done I think it would be surprisingly popular, not that I'd use it myself.

What I'd find a lot more useful would be a method of editing the built in dictionary - or have I missed this feature?
    I second this. I think t9 would be a good idea and be beneficial for SOME people, but I think everyone wants an editable keyboard dictionary
    i LOVE apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

YES!!! T9 please!!! I don't know why there are people who support for qwerty only input for iPhone on their grandma's lives but having the T9 input as an OPTION for others who need it is really not going to inconvenience anyone!
    Anyways just let market forces do the talking: if any genius who can offer T9 input as a default keyboard on the iPhone 4, I shall most gladly pay up to US$29.90 for it!
    I know for certain it can be done: BAIDU input for Chinese language has succeeded in offering that through cydia & the T9 prediction with editable chinese dictionary is phenomena!!!
    there is an app named FastPad that offers T9 input but it is not a default keyboard choice & u have to copy & paste again after input so it's not a true solution...
    If someone is able to come up with a tweak for T9 input as an inbuilt keyboard, pls let me know: I'll gladly invest money to buy shares as I know LOADS & HORDES of iPhone owners who'd PAY BIG MONEY for iPhone T9 input without having to copy & paste, & with editable dictionary!!
    let the money do the talking!!! let's all either profit &/or benefit from this much awaited T9 tweak!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Really really need T9 keyboard.
    Takes a bit of getting used to but one of the better ones I've tried... App Store - Keypad 2
    Last edited by papaO; 03-25-2012 at 08:46 AM. Reason: adjusted the link / corrected