+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: use iphone to control itunes music in windows

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I know there is something out there for Mac users, but is there a way to use the iphone to control your itunes music in windows? The Mac version looks
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default use iphone to control itunes music in windows
    I know there is something out there for Mac users, but is there a way to use the iphone to control your itunes music in windows? The Mac version looks so slick, i just wish i could do the same thing with windows itunes. My stereo is in my living room and my computer is in another. It would be nice to not have to go into another room to change the music. Anyway an app could be made to do this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

download vnsea from the installer app. Download ultravnc onto your computer from their website. Enter your ip address(local or remote) onto the vnsea app with your password for your computer. This way it controls your enitire computer including itunes

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Signal
    I'm pretty sure Signal is what you're looking for... Just google it; it works for both Mac and Windows. Signal has a free version and a paid version, which I think is $25. But it might be worth it, if it works like the site says...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i tried the vnsea method and always get error saying connection failed... what to do???

i tried the vnsea method and always get error saying connection failed... what to do???
    Last edited by Pacman2007; 11-06-2007 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That's because VNSea is for a mac.

Reako

Thanks

Default Signal FTW
    I was so impressed with "Signal" I just plopped down my $20 and didn't look back. It syncs with windows media player, winamp, and also iTunes. Basic media controls includes volume.

Thanks

lol vnsea is for windows and macs. Please check your facts first. I'm using vnsea on windows vista as I type to you right now. Make sure your ports are forwarded properly. Check which port ultravnc is using and forward them on your router and add it to the exceptions list of whatever firewall software you have running on your computer.

it works with any vnc client be a mac client or windows. Go here for more information code.google.com/p/vnsea
    Last edited by loujob; 11-07-2007 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I haven't tried VNsea yet, but I just downloaded Signal and that is an awesome program! It might actually be worth the $25 for me.

Thanks

yea i have that too. But the search function doesn't work for me. If I had a mac I would probably use telekinesis. I heard it combines both VNsea and signal into one. But for just itunes, Vnsea works fine. But, when I play with movies and it starts to slow down. Probably my options though, because part of the videos streams and other parts do not.