Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ringer/silent workaround

Default Ringer/silent workaround
    Hey everyone. My ringer/silent switch broke and is in the ringer position(thank god) and I have created a silent ringtone for when I want to go into silent mode however it is such a hassle to keep changing the ringtone and turning all of the alerts off. Is there an app to quickly switch ringtones and alerts. I know there is iAmp but that is the opposite of what i want. Is there BossPrefs
    that gives easy access to these options or can it be created easily. Thanks

Use BigBosses Application and add coreaudio.plist to a on/off button ( this will kill all sound on iphone when OFF ) and reboot of phone will restore sound so on/off button may not show proper setting on reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    Use BigBosses Application and add coreaudio.plist to a on/off button ( this will kill all sound on iphone when OFF ) and reboot of phone will restore sound so on/off button may not show proper setting on reboot.
    this kills all sound ringtone and alerts? Im not sure how to fill it out do i just put "coreaudio.plist" in the process box or do i put it in the start and stop boxes. Also if i have vibrate enabled does it still vibrate? I'm sorry for all the questions.
    Last edited by holewheat; 04-24-2008 at 12:13 PM.

Ok just setup on my phone 1.1.2 firmware:

Install BIG Boss Prefs v.1.67

Open BOSSPREFS,
    Click Config button
    Click add

Name: Silence
    Start: launchctl unload /System/Library/LaunchDeamons/coreaudiod.plist
    Stop: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/coreaudiod.plist

click save

Select ON for silence = no sounds
    OFF for normal

**** Note pay attention to capitals above in commands

You can simply check its operation by when you click on ON and you press volume up or down button nothing appaers on screen, when off volume icon appears with icon
    Last edited by theguyz; 04-24-2008 at 12:26 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to theguyz For This Useful Post:

holewheat (04-24-2008)

Thank you it works for silent but when i turn it off it doesnt go back to normal. Any thoughts?

Make sure you have the "-w" in the line for stop

Unfortunitly with Bossprefs you can not edit so you will have to create a new on/off

Or just make a new button called sounds with only start with entry and no entry for stop

name : sounds
    start: Start: launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDeamons/coreaudiod.plist

save

I did remember to include the -w that's what I can't figure out. I'm on 1.1.4 if that makes a difference

also when silent is enabled and i receive a call i cant hear the other person. Has anyone experienced this?
    Last edited by holewheat; 04-24-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

maybe on 1.1.4 its thinking your mobile user not giving privledges for coreaudiod.plist to start it.

If you have terminal installed you may wish to try an d type that command and see if works.

Just reboot phone and should work normal.

Was just an idea.