+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Home Button Control

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Is it possible for someone to make an application that can change the function of the home button to maybe start other apps other then itunes and favs....???? that would
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Home Button Control
    Is it possible for someone to make an application that can change the function of the home button to maybe start other apps other then itunes and favs....????

that would be amazing to double tap to start contacts or phone app or sms...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'd like double-tap to open a (good) application launcher.. That way you could clear the clutter off your 'desktop', but still have very easy access to all your apps.

Preferably someone could just make it so we could tie the double-tap to any app we choose (thus enabling me to use a launcher, and you to use whatever you want)..

Thanks

that would be awsome =)
    8GB iPhone 1.0.2 Unlocked - Revirginized - Then 1.1.1 Jailbroken and Unlocked (Gone Bad - Traded In)

8GB iPhone 1.1.1 OTB JB - Unlocked - Restored to 1.1.3 JB and Unlocked (SOLD)

16GB iPhone 1.1.4 OTB JB / Activated / Unlocked - With iPlus2.0b (Current)

5000 iPhone wallpapers click here]

Thanks

unclear... as far as your knowledge goes would this be a difficult application to creat ... i'm not any where near a programmer but for some reason it seems it should be to hard to create....

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by unclear View Post
    I'd like double-tap to open a (good) application launcher.. That way you could clear the clutter off your 'desktop', but still have very easy access to all your apps.

Preferably someone could just make it so we could tie the double-tap to any app we choose (thus enabling me to use a launcher, and you to use whatever you want)..

Thanks

Ok I was able to find 2 files a plist and a script file that controls the actions of the home button.. not I tried to enter my own commands and it did not work but I think it had something to do with how i converted one of the files... anyone that is interested in helping getting this work post back or msg me and we can maybe get a customer home button control made =)

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by lighter View Post
    unclear... as far as your knowledge goes would this be a difficult application to creat ... i'm not any where near a programmer but for some reason it seems it should be to hard to create....

Lighter

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have no idea, I don't make apps.

Which .plists were those?

iPhone? More like MyPhone shaiss's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, which plists are those, I'd be happy to help!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Already sorted in the 'File Mods' section - I now have Launcher run when the button is double tapped. Ipod control still works.

Thanks

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=11
    dont see it.
    can you also please describe what needs to be changed. I'd like to add this to customize so its easily accessible by the masses

Green Apple
    Thanks

eek - my fault - I meant the File Mods forum section.

Anyway, http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14837 - hope this works.

to quote myself:

"yes, it only changes the setting from either ipod/home/phone to the program you replace it with.

The file is: "com.apple.springboard.plist" and it is located in "\var\root\Library\Preferences"

I saved it to my desktop from iPhoneBrowser.exe, converted it using "http://140.124.181.188/~khchung/cgi-bin/plutil.cgi" (backing up the origional as well) - then I opened the new file in notepad and changed the " ... doubletap://com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer ... " to my " ... doubletap://com.nullriver.iphone.Launcher ..." (without the ...s).

I have only tried this with launcher as it is really the only app I wanted it to work for.

Hope this helps, and like I said before - I am far from being an expert - lucky on this occasion possibly.

-Al."
    Last edited by alexblanchard2; 11-09-2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

This hack would be soo cool if made into a very light app. All one would need to do is have the option to set it to any app or have it 'default'. Simple! Maybe when I get my iPhone, I'll make a point to do this...

Thanks

thanks for the info, I'll work on getting this added to customize!

Green Apple
    Thanks

cool, how's the progress coming along with getting the hidden icons back in?

Thank you for putting so many hours into these projects.

Thanks

thats being worked on. alot of the code has had to be rewritten, stay tuned for more updates