Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Request: Random Wallpaper Changer

Default Request: Random Wallpaper Changer
    Maybe it's just me, but I have alot of wallpapers that I like and just can't pick one. I think it would be cool if we had a program where everytime you sleep your phone and wake it up its a different wallpaper, or lock and unlock. I don't know how many others would like this, but just throwing it out there as an idea i'd like to see.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It's not just you. I was thinking the same thing. I'd love to have a random wallpaper from a photo album...

this would be very cool and appreciated.

x2 - was thinking the same thing last night, when changing my wallpaper for the tenth time!

They actually have this on some of the new phones out my buddys got one so everytime it slides down and up it changes the wallpaper would be nice to get it if we turn off our phone it changes.
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple

Does the program exist ??

Would be cool !!

Please make this program. I'm getting tired of going into finder and renaming my wallpaper's every time i want to change it.
    A program like this would be awesome. Add options to it....
    1. Random wallpaper.
    2. Change after a set time.
    3. Change after sleep/wake.
    4. Transition effects.
    5. Change/set wallpaper directory.
    Or add this to the next SummerBoard update.
    If i could code. I would make this...

Um... Please make a program like this...

great idea. i loved the webshots program on pc. it would be nice if they release their own application too.

still nothing?
    Too bad :-))

We need this program. SRSLY!!1!one!!1

Wink Random Wallpaper
    hey guys i found one that changes your wallpaper every 10 seconds its called "RWALLPAPER" a.k.a. random wallpaper. U guys can check it on ispazio.net browse their applications. or add this source: http://i.danstaface.net i hope it helped... let me know.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sean637 For This Useful Post:

DJO (03-26-2008)

thanks for the tip sean.
    currently 10 seconds sounds too much and like a memory hog but the dev states that he hopes the next version will fix this ( http://i.danstaface.net/site/?q=node/21 ), let's keep our fingers crossed.
    Last edited by DJO; 03-26-2008 at 02:25 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I second this idea!
    I was searching for an app like this, but can't find one. That's how I found this thread.
    I'm downloading the iPhone SDK now. HTML/CSS and Applescript covers the extent of my coding abilities, but my reverse engineering and learning skills are sharp as ever, so I'm gonna take a crack at developing something like this. I could use some help, so anyone with coding experience, prod me in the right direction...

hi guys!

I was searching for a random wallpaper changer for iPhone. As I can see there is no such program, so I'm going do develope one!

I'm an IT engineer, but this gonna be my first iPhone app, so it will take a few week. Until that if you have any new good ideas about this app, please write it here

giotto

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by giotto View Post
    hi guys!

I was searching for a random wallpaper changer for iPhone. As I can see there is no such program, so I'm going do develope one!

I'm an IT engineer, but this gonna be my first iPhone app, so it will take a few week. Until that if you have any new good ideas about this app, please write it here

giotto
    @ giotto
    Awesome! you'll post back here when it's done? Ideas: Using the iPhone's existing photo libraries makes the most sense (no hacking required); Choose which photo album to pull wallpapers from (maybe even the ability to choose multiple albums); Choose the interval at which it will change the wallpaper (daily, hourly, every x days, every x hours, minutes, etc); choose random or sequential sort order. That's how I would do it if I knew how to code. Good luck! I can't wait to see the results!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually there is a wallpaper changer app. [LINK]

But if you want to make a better one. go ahead!! im interested in something better.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan0609 View Post
    Actually there is a wallpaper changer app. [LINK]

But if you want to make a better one. go ahead!! im interested in something better.
    I've seen that one, but it doesn't do what I'm wanting. The last version of this app was a slideshow - I think it changed every 10 seconds or something? This version (2.0) changes wallpaper every 10-60 minutes, and doesn't let you choose which album to pull wallpaper from. I'd like to change my wallpaper, say every 2 days, from a specific album that I set up for it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Dan0609's Avatar
    Thanks

oh alright well when your done I will deffinately check it out

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Any progress yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast