Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: How About 7.2 GB of applicationsis a discussion within the
3rd Party Apps Requestsforums, a part of the
3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touchsection;
Want more than 300 MB of applications, the solution how about 7.2 Gig of Apps. The principle is to use the Open Media partition size (which contains Pictures, Videos, MP3...
10-25-2007, 01:04 AM #1How About 7.2 GB of applications
Want more than 300 MB of applications, the solution how about 7.2 Gig of Apps.
The principle is to use the Open Media partition size (which contains Pictures, Videos, MP3 ..) deceiving the iPhone with a symbolic link.
1) Log in SSH on your iPhone
2) Move your applications to the directory / private / var
Zip r / Applications / private / var / Applications
Rm-fr / Applications
3) Return to the root of your iPhone
4) Create a symbolic link pointing to your new Applications folder
Ln-s / private / var / Applications
5) Check the content of / developer to ensure that the new symbolic link works well
In the list that appears, you must now have an entry identical to ceçi
Lrwxr-xr-x a root admin (date) Applications-> / private / var / Applications
6) Make application executables making
Chmod + x / etc / fstab
7) Boot the iPhone
Last edited by cheadings; 10-25-2007 at 11:11 AM.
10-25-2007, 01:42 AM #2
see prob is there isnt 7.2 gigs of applications..!!!!!