Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is It me or is the SMS App too basic?!!

Default Is It me or is the SMS App too basic?!!
    Hey Y'All,

Is it just me or is the the SMS App too basic, limiting its usefulness to me. i would like to see

- Ability to send an SMS to more than one person
    - Ability to forward an SMS to someone
    - Ability to call a person from the SMS that was sent, regardless if they are in my contact list or not.

I don't consider myself to be a SMS "power user", so I don't understand why Apple decided to have such rich features in other apps but not in the SMS.

If someone knows of an app, or is developing one or knows something about the application that I don't, then please contact me. Thanks.

Regards to all iPhone users...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

danbeck (10-24-2007)

i miss the delivered sms function (dont know what you call it but it reports when the sms is delivered)!! when a sms havent been delivered the chat bubble with the text should be 50% transparent or red or something. Im used to know when the person gets the message and its really usefull if its an important message! simple stuff every SE phone has it.. why not the iPhone. Is it possible to add the function??

..And a warning if the message is 2 sms long. Hacked iPhone users without flatrate is paying for each message.

Last edited by smackjack; 10-24-2007 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by smackjack View Post
    i miss the delivered sms function (dont know what you call it but it reports when the sms is delivered)!! when a sms havent been delivered the chat bubble with the text should be 50% transparent or red or something. Im used to know when the person gets the message and its really usefull if its an important message!
    Wow, that's a cool function I REALLY want now that I know it exists on other phones.

Ignorance was bliss for me in this situation!
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

its on every sony ericsson phone, and nokia has it to.. i think my nokia 3310 had the function back in the days =P.

I would love for someone to make a new text app!! I really want mass texting and fwd. please any one that can help!!!

-C1D

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The thing is, Apple wanted that elegant "chat" style look, and the ability to go in to each persons conversation to view what you were talking about. adding the multiple messages, MMS, etc. will mess up the look. I think!
    Why? i understand MMS but muliple messages wouldnt mess up the look? maybe to indicate the message is a muliple message the bubble could be another color och centered or something. I think the feature will come in later updates

I would like to see the SMS fuction repaired to allow carrier SMS's come through to the iPhone that originate from a word (Surepage), not a phone number.

what about this. the look will be exactly the same but you can tap a message bubble that is already on the screen and menu will pop up saying something like, "delete"-so you can delete a single bubble. i know i want this. "resend"-my friends phone selectively omits some of my texts and so if it is a really long message it is a pain to type it again. "forward"-which would bring up a new message page. and "exit"-which will close the menu. oh and maybe even a "copy" selection lol anybody got any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Hayesimus View Post
    what about this. the look will be exactly the same but you can tap a message bubble that is already on the screen and menu will pop up saying something like, "delete"-so you can delete a single bubble. i know i want this. "resend"-my friends phone selectively omits some of my texts and so if it is a really long message it is a pain to type it again. "forward"-which would bring up a new message page. and "exit"-which will close the menu. oh and maybe even a "copy" selection lol anybody got any other suggestions?
    i wonder if they read my post! lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by danbeck View Post
    Hey Y'All,

Is it just me or is the the SMS App too basic, limiting its usefulness to me. i would like to see

- Ability to send an SMS to more than one person
    - Ability to forward an SMS to someone
    - Ability to call a person from the SMS that was sent, regardless if they are in my contact list or not.

I don't consider myself to be a SMS "power user", so I don't understand why Apple decided to have such rich features in other apps but not in the SMS.

If someone knows of an app, or is developing one or knows something about the application that I don't, then please contact me. Thanks.

Regards to all iPhone users...

biteSMS. It has all of those features and addresses most, if not all, of my gripes about the stock Messaging app. Read up on the features it has. It is one of the main reasons why I choose to stay jailbroken; I love this app.