+ Reply
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Is It me or is the SMS App too basic?!!

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
Hey Y'All, Is it just me or is the the SMS App too basic, limiting its usefulness to me. i would like to see - Ability to send an SMS
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Is It me or is the SMS App too basic?!!
    Hey Y'All,

    Is it just me or is the the SMS App too basic, limiting its usefulness to me. i would like to see

    - Ability to send an SMS to more than one person
    - Ability to forward an SMS to someone
    - Ability to call a person from the SMS that was sent, regardless if they are in my contact list or not.

    I don't consider myself to be a SMS "power user", so I don't understand why Apple decided to have such rich features in other apps but not in the SMS.

    If someone knows of an app, or is developing one or knows something about the application that I don't, then please contact me. Thanks.

    Regards to all iPhone users...

  2. #2
    The thing is, Apple wanted that elegant "chat" style look, and the ability to go in to each persons conversation to view what you were talking about. adding the multiple messages, MMS, etc. will mess up the look. I think!

    I can make calls from a phone number in sms, send and email too!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:

    danbeck (10-24-2007)

  4. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    i miss the delivered sms function (dont know what you call it but it reports when the sms is delivered)!! when a sms havent been delivered the chat bubble with the text should be 50% transparent or red or something. Im used to know when the person gets the message and its really usefull if its an important message! simple stuff every SE phone has it.. why not the iPhone. Is it possible to add the function??

    ..And a warning if the message is 2 sms long. Hacked iPhone users without flatrate is paying for each message.

    Last edited by smackjack; 10-24-2007 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #4
    iPhoneaholic jwcrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    310
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 49 Times in 35 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by smackjack View Post
    i miss the delivered sms function (dont know what you call it but it reports when the sms is delivered)!! when a sms havent been delivered the chat bubble with the text should be 50% transparent or red or something. Im used to know when the person gets the message and its really usefull if its an important message!
    Wow, that's a cool function I REALLY want now that I know it exists on other phones.

    Ignorance was bliss for me in this situation!
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

  6. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    its on every sony ericsson phone, and nokia has it to.. i think my nokia 3310 had the function back in the days =P.

  7. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I would love for someone to make a new text app!! I really want mass texting and fwd. please any one that can help!!!

    -C1D

  8. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The thing is, Apple wanted that elegant "chat" style look, and the ability to go in to each persons conversation to view what you were talking about. adding the multiple messages, MMS, etc. will mess up the look. I think!
    Why? i understand MMS but muliple messages wouldnt mess up the look? maybe to indicate the message is a muliple message the bubble could be another color och centered or something. I think the feature will come in later updates

  9. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I would like to see the SMS fuction repaired to allow carrier SMS's come through to the iPhone that originate from a word (Surepage), not a phone number.

  10. #9
    Green Apple Hayesimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    what about this. the look will be exactly the same but you can tap a message bubble that is already on the screen and menu will pop up saying something like, "delete"-so you can delete a single bubble. i know i want this. "resend"-my friends phone selectively omits some of my texts and so if it is a really long message it is a pain to type it again. "forward"-which would bring up a new message page. and "exit"-which will close the menu. oh and maybe even a "copy" selection lol anybody got any other suggestions?

  11. #10
    Green Apple Hayesimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayesimus View Post
    what about this. the look will be exactly the same but you can tap a message bubble that is already on the screen and menu will pop up saying something like, "delete"-so you can delete a single bubble. i know i want this. "resend"-my friends phone selectively omits some of my texts and so if it is a really long message it is a pain to type it again. "forward"-which would bring up a new message page. and "exit"-which will close the menu. oh and maybe even a "copy" selection lol anybody got any other suggestions?
    i wonder if they read my post! lol

  12. #11
    iPhoneaholic dotFIVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by danbeck View Post
    Hey Y'All,

    Is it just me or is the the SMS App too basic, limiting its usefulness to me. i would like to see

    - Ability to send an SMS to more than one person
    - Ability to forward an SMS to someone
    - Ability to call a person from the SMS that was sent, regardless if they are in my contact list or not.

    I don't consider myself to be a SMS "power user", so I don't understand why Apple decided to have such rich features in other apps but not in the SMS.

    If someone knows of an app, or is developing one or knows something about the application that I don't, then please contact me. Thanks.

    Regards to all iPhone users...

    biteSMS. It has all of those features and addresses most, if not all, of my gripes about the stock Messaging app. Read up on the features it has. It is one of the main reasons why I choose to stay jailbroken; I love this app.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts