Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFlickr offline = send when online?

Hybrid View

Question iFlickr offline = send when online?
    I only use wifi for internet connection, is it possible to mod the iFlicker app so when you take a picture while you are offline, iFlicker upploads the pic to flickr as soon as get a connection?

Quote Originally Posted by smackjack View Post
    I only use wifi for internet connection, is it possible to mod the iFlicker app so when you take a picture while you are offline, iFlicker upploads the pic to flickr as soon as get a connection?
    I'm pretty sure this is the default way iFlickr handles images when there's no internet connection.

on my phone it says could not get GSM location and quits if the wifi is off. By the way i have no SIM card yet, maybe thats the problem?

now i got my sim card and if i turn of the wifi and takes a picture it says "Could not activate EDGE: You are not subscribed to EDGE".

It would be great with a fix that saves the photos temporarily and when you connect to a wifi network iflickr sends the photos to flickr. Is it possible?
    Last edited by smackjack; 10-22-2007 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thumbs up Solution
    It would be great with a fix that saves the photos temporarily and when you connect to a wifi network iflickr sends the photos to flickr. Is it possible?
    YES...again it's a feature built into iFlickr.

From the iFlickr website:

"Caching unsent pictures on iPhone, so that they are not lost when the network connection drops. Cached pictures will be sent in the background, when the app is started next time."

on my phone it says could not get GSM location and quits if the wifi is off. By the way i have no SIM card yet, maybe thats the problem?
    Have you considered turning the GSM option off in iFlickr preferences? That will stop the error from popping up.