View Poll Results: well?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • great idea! i will donate!

2 33.33%
  • i will use, but not donate.

3 50.00%
  • bad idea. I like to use notes.app instead!

0 0%
  • i dont work out.

1 16.67%
+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: workout.app the perfect app!

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
it would be really cool if you could make a app to track your workouts! When you first launch the app you can add a machine. Add how much you
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default workout.app the perfect app!
    it would be really cool if you could make a app to track your workouts! When you first launch the app you can add a machine. Add how much you takes on that machine. Something like this:
    machine 1: 50
    machine 2: 65
    machine 3: 60
    benchpress: 70

when you have one / a couple of machines in your list you can:

Last time and history
    When you are at the gym you can open that app, select "benchpress" from the list and see what you took last time (70kg) and see HISTORY. In history you can see that 3 months ago you took 50 in benchpress and that way you can track your progress, maybe with a diagram if that is possible, like the nike+ipod running service.

Goal
    Go to goals, select add goal and select what machine, how much you expect to take and a deadline for the goal. The app calculates week for week how much you need to take to make your goal. When you finnish your goal you get a trofe (spelling?) to your trofe collection, a little motivation, again like in nike+ipod

this should be pretty easy, its just text input and calculating. BUT its a uniqe app and a lot of people would use this alot. The platform is perfect, you bring your ipod/iphone to the gym anyway for the music. If you make this app i think you could get a lot of donations, or even charge 10 bucks for the app. I would buy it/donate alot, and its not rocket science to program. Not doing it for the money? do it to activate people, there is to many games out there . Are you up for it? I can assist you with ideas, graphics and things like that. PM me

My iPhone is a Part of Me desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

it would be good to be able to enter info for each machine for: sets, reps, and weight

what's a "take"? is that some kind of british terminology for reps?
    Last edited by desepticon; 04-16-2008 at 07:56 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The creator of DopeWars is probably gonna turn this killer app idea into reality. I am making a flash demo now of how i want the app be (to much free time, yes) to inspire him. Lets hope its gonna be a easy job for him and a release is coming soon. I dont think its gonna be any problems at all, but what do i know? im no programer..