Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone with tengo thumb input

Default iphone with tengo thumb input
    Trying to hit the diminute keys is so painful. The fact that the pressed key gets zoomed after you click it is of little help: it just shows me that I pressed the wrong one most of the time.

I had been using TenGO Thumb for PocketPC for a long time, and THAT's what the iPhone should have provided, nothing less. It's the only thing that can make a querty keyboard bereable:

Imagine if the iPhone keyboard had something like that:

I'd only have to worry about hitting those 6 big keys (I surrounded each with a different color just so that you see what I mean), and the software would take care of disambiguating what I meant while typing. In my experience, this is the only productive way to type with your fingers.

a nokia t9 input will be good too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

ahhh, that just looks more confusing.... I don't have a problem with the keyboard.

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

I do have my Iphone since two weeks.
    The keyboard is not so easy to use for someone with fingers like mine.

I had a ppc before and i know there are a bunch of different keyboards you can use.
    But i am also sure, that there are no other keyboards for the iphone, cause i've been on many boards and sites and they all said: if you want it, you have make it.

The only thing i found is changing the colour via artwork-files, but not the whole input method.

I would really apprecciate if a talented programmer could make this possible.

I've never really had a problem with the iPhone keyboard, other than the occasional spelling errors, 80% of which are picked up and fixed by the spell checker.

Also, unless I'm hallucinating, the spellchecker is actually learning new words as I type, unless plist and customizeapp and MMi are in it's default word list.