Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ATTN: 1.1.1 users, your input needed

Post ATTN: 1.1.1 users, your input needed
    I just activated/jailbroke my 1.1.1 phone. Have installer.app installed as well as the new springboard patch, all works well. If you want, I can create a step by step of what I did but I think most can figure it out.

Anyways, I discovered a glitch with the double tap home button to open ipod controls feature: It works well until, and ONLY until, you play a video via youtube. No other action on the phone seems to cause this and only a soft reset (normal slide to shut off) fixes the issue.

After you play a youtube video then hit the sleep button, the home button acts as if you only tapped it once. It does not display the ipod controls If you just open youtube and don't play a video, the double tap works correctly with displaying the ipod controls.

I do not know if this happens on "stock" 1.1.1. So anyone with an ATT activated 1.1.1 phone, please try this out and tell me what happens. Same for you 1.1.1 users who activated with independence 1.1.1. I'm not saying it is something with independence, but perhaps something with activating youtube by manually or via indepence uploading the files.

Default non ATT activation in 1.1.1
    I have a question about activation. I went trough process of erasing the baseband 1.0.2 unlocking with SimFree and upgrading to 1.1.1. Latest SimFree claim that it will work with another provider. Well when I inserted T-Mobile SIM the message pops up '' another SIM detected"( no incorrect SIM thanks God) But when I open iTunes it says that it has to be used with ATT sim and no activation proceed . Does anybody know how to fix ?

Thanks in advance!

mine does the same thing, but only if ii have the video still up while placing the phone to sleep. After closing you tube the double click works as normal (ie brings up iPod controls again)

Edit: im on a jailbrojen 1.1.1 with installer and all the 3rd party apps i can handle...
    Last edited by richroc; 10-15-2007 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richroc View Post
    mine does the same thing, but only if ii have the video still up while placing the phone to sleep. After closing you tube the double click works as normal (ie brings up iPod controls again)

Edit: im on a jailbrojen 1.1.1 with installer and all the 3rd party apps i can handle...

Mine does it even if I do what you suggest here. Did how did you activate/jailbreak 1.1.1?