Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Broken Ringer Switch - A Software Workaround

Default Broken Ringer Switch - A Software Workaround
    A couple of days ago, I dropped my shiny iPhone into the dust. Nothing happened except the ringer switch is not working anymore. The switch moves like before but without any function. I don't want to open the iPhone and since I'm using one in an 'unsupported' country, I have to live with limited warranty anyway.

So, I'm looking for a software based solution that does exactly what the ringer switch does -- something like tap the Settings panel and change ringer to on or off.

(I was already digging through a couple of interesting plist files, but none of these settings are able to configure the ringer switch' behavior).

Thanks!

There is another -software- solution for broken volume button. This solution disables the volume buttons (ONLY in 1.1.3 and 1.1.4! NOT 2.0+) and worked perfectly for me.

The original post here: Hackint0sh - View Single Post - [Solution][1.1.3/4 Only] Broken/Stuck Volume Buttons > Disable them by software.

Or the guide copied to my webpage: Bt Creations - iPhone (if the link above does not work)