+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick Lock App

is a discussion within the

3rd Party Apps Requests

forums, a part of the

3rd Party Apps For iPhone | iPod Touch

section;
I got an idea the other day when a local police investigator came into our class yesterday for a presentation. Basically, if you are at school or just out doing
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Quick Lock App
    I got an idea the other day when a local police investigator came into our class yesterday for a presentation.

Basically, if you are at school or just out doing whatever and the authorities have a reason to search your phone (they can do this at traffic stops now) they can use anything incriminating in your pics, vids etc against you.

However if your phone is password locked you do not have to give them the password.

But you don't really have the time to go to settings, password etc. when u are in that position.

My idea: create an app so that when you tap the icon it locks your phone with a set password. It would then use the standard UI for unlocking.

Thanks!

Thanks

That doesn't need a new app.
    Why don't you just configure your settings now (setting the passcode lock to immediately), and then just tap the sleep button when you're in that situation?
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think I understand what he means. If you don't want to use the passcode lock on a regular basis but you feel a need to use it immediately without going through the settings.

what i don't see is what you could possibly have on the iphone that could be incriminating.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crashspeeder View Post
    I think I understand what he means. If you don't want to use the passcode lock on a regular basis but you feel a need to use it immediately without going through the settings.

what i don't see is what you could possibly have on the iphone that could be incriminating.
    Exactly.

I am not going to say what I have on my phone but there are things on my phone related to my work (distribution) that would get me into trouble with the authorities.

Being able to simply tap an icon and lock my phone down would be sweet. Also, this would be a great way to protect your civil liberties. They can not demand you to give them the passcode as it would be a violation of the 5th amendment..... No self incrimination....

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

distribution

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

Thanks

sounds like a drug dealer...oh i'm sorry were we being subtle?

Thanks

Tyco its actual pretty simple... PM me ill give u info...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

looks like a very nice idea

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

ya im more concerned about what your distributing drugs, burned dvds, stolen good's, pron?
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heath_rox View Post
    ya im more concerned about what your distributing drugs, burned dvds, stolen good's, pron?
    why would you care? this is a phone hacking form not ethics 101? It is non of your concern what others may be doing and for you to make those kind of accusation is slander. Get off you high horse and don't post if you don't want to help this guy. Don't speculate on what he may be doing. Maybe he is just cheating on the girlfriend and wants the lock?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imbuggin View Post
    why would you care? this is a phone hacking form not ethics 101? It is non of your concern what others may be doing and for you to make those kind of accusation is slander. Get off you high horse and don't post if you don't want to help this guy. Don't speculate on what he may be doing. Maybe he is just cheating on the girlfriend and wants the lock?
    Lol, way to stick up for him while still taking your own jab

I posted this in the other req thread for a 'quick lock'.

Download and install XLaunch and ReSpring (the one NOT by BigBoss). (Poof too so you can look cool ) Now set a passcode for like 4 hours or whatever. It will not ask for the passcode until 4 hours of inactivity. Now use XLaunch to assign respring to the double tap home key function. Hide respring and poof, (you can access both via XLaunch).

So now the only icon that has been added to the home screen is XLaunch. Test out the respring app, it takes <10 seconds to kick out to the passcode screen.
    Last edited by Imahottguy; 04-10-2008 at 09:20 PM.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Lol do you seriously come into that situation frequently enough that you need a specific app for it?

Thanks

Do I? No. Before reading this thread, I had never thought of the need for this app. I just like to help out when I can.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix