+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading from 6.1.3 to 4.1

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey guys, Is it possible to downgrade a iPhone 3GS from 6.1.3 to 4.1 as Apple is still signing 4.1 for the 3G? And then Jailbreak it with limera1n BTW
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Downgrading from 6.1.3 to 4.1
    Hey guys, Is it possible to downgrade a iPhone 3GS from 6.1.3 to 4.1 as Apple is still signing 4.1 for the 3G? And then Jailbreak it with limera1n BTW I got the given to me, not as my main phone lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,732 Times in 5,978 Posts

6.1.6 is the only firmware that Apple is signing for the 3Gs. If you have an old bootrom device and blobs it is possible downgrade.

Thanks

You are wrong I did it without SHSH blobs.
    Simply download Reds0w.
    Go to extras>even more>select IPSW (iOS 4.1 iPSW)>Restore from IPSW
    Let it do its thing, then it will give you a error then go to "Fix recovery" follow the steps with that.
    Then go to the root menu and click Jailbreak and you are set! no host modifying, tiny umbrella, ireb, nothing!!!

And it was a old bootrom checked the Serial numbers.
    Last edited by magoo657; 03-11-2014 at 11:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magoo657 View Post
    Simply download Reds0w.
    Let it do its thing, then it will give you a error then go to "Fix recovery" follow the steps with that.
    Then go to the root menu and click Jailbreak and you are set! no host modifying, tiny umbrella, ireb, nothing!!!

You are pretty lucky because of old bootroom, damn I'm not that lucky... I got one of the first mobiles on noew bootroom and now I can't go back to iOS4.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magoo657 View Post
    Simply download Reds0w.

I apologize for the mistake in the provided info.

Apple has always, and still is, for some weird reason, signed 4.1, regardless of what phone you have as long as it supports the iOS.

However, as you mentioned, you will most likely encounter an error if you are restoring from a stock 4.1 firmware in itunes. It's probably error 1015, of which you can use tinyumbrella or redsn0w to kick it out of recovery mode.

Not sure exactly how you're able to restore successfully via Redsn0w as it requires you to point it to the shsh blobs after select the ISPW to restore.

Unless you restored via itunes, and THEN used redsn0w to fix the recovery issue.

Regardless of whether it is an old bootroom or new bootrom, one will still encounter this itunes error issue upon restoring from iOS 4.1

This also includes having shsh blobs for 4.1.

Thanks

And also just realized that what I said was wrong about it being a old bootrom, double checked the serials it's new bootrom... Lol

EDIT: And I didn't need to point it to the SHSH blobs as It's never been Jailbroken before to even save the blobs! And the reason why this works is because the 3G's max software is 4.1, and the 3GS when was first available had access to 4.1, so when Apple signs a firmware it's available on all devices that have been able to run 4.1! This is as much as I can understand from research
    Last edited by magoo657; 04-03-2014 at 01:26 AM.