+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS with iOS 6.1 and BB 6.15 - Jailbroken but no cydia - need to unlock

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
i've 3GS with iOS 6.1 and BB 6.15. I was able to jailbreak it with redsn0w 9.15b3 but cydia was not installed All i need to unlock it, if once
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post 3GS with iOS 6.1 and BB 6.15 - Jailbroken but no cydia - need to unlock
    i've 3GS with iOS 6.1 and BB 6.15. I was able to jailbreak it with redsn0w 9.15b3 but cydia was not installed

All i need to unlock it, if once cydia installed, does it have ultrasn0w for this iOS to unlock?

I'm trying to restore to 6.1 and use evasi0n which may solve the problems but can't restore because of iTunes server verification process, getting errors 3194, 1602, 1601.

Even Tiny Umbrella is not helping, nor does the modification in host files.

please suggest the methods and if i'm able to restore to the stock ipsw, will evasion jailbreak and unlock ?

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,751 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metalickaah View Post
    i've 3GS with iOS 6.1 and BB 6.15. I was able to jailbreak it with redsn0w 9.15b3 but cydia was not installed

All i need to unlock it, if once cydia installed, does it have ultrasn0w for this iOS to unlock?

I'm trying to restore to 6.1 and use evasi0n which may solve the problems but can't restore because of iTunes server verification process, getting errors 3194, 1602, 1601.

Even Tiny Umbrella is not helping, nor does the modification in host files.

please suggest the methods and if i'm able to restore to the stock ipsw, will evasion jailbreak and unlock ?

thanks
    Downgrade your BB to 05.13.08 using Redsn0w.
    If you have shah blob for the respective firmware, e.g. 5.1.1, create a stitched ipsw with saved blob using Snowbreeze Master from iH8sn0w.com , put iPhone into pwned dfu mode and then do the restore to custom stitched ipsw firmware.
    Now you can install Ultrasnow from Cydia to unlock your 3gs.

Note : No shsh blob saved = No downgrade unless you have the Old bootrom
    Last edited by iYeow; 10-24-2013 at 01:26 AM.