Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultrasn0w not working !!!

Thanks

Default Ultrasn0w not working !!!
    Hii !
    I had an iphone 3GS running iOS 4.1 !
    Many apps didn't work cuz of the version ! On a friend's advice I updated it to 6.1.3 (Without preserving baseband) but got a bad luck when came to know that it was not unlocked officially! The iPhone could not be activated ! I tether jailbroke it and hacktivated it but didn't like that just boot thing !
    So I downgraded it to iOS 5.1.1 with blobs on cydia ! Jailbroke it, hactivated and installed ultrasn0w !
    But it didn't work !
    BB was 6.15.00 ! I downgraded this to 5.13.(something) by googling the solutions ! But still ultrasn0w is not working !
    Please help ! Sorry for such a long description but can't help it!

Is this a new bootrom or old bootrom? Your best bet is just factory unlock. The price is very reasonable an you can have it unlocked forever and not have to worry about what software version you update to... Message me if you want to go that route, I offer discount for MMI members.

Thanks

Its a newboot rom 3GS !

Ultrasnow has a problem with 6.1.3, so your best option is to get factory unlock

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

It's so cheap now to do IMEI unlocks and then ya dont have to worry about all this anymore.

Thanks

Dude the problem is that I'm in Pakistan and I don't actually know the whole pf the process !

Quote Originally Posted by Danilish View Post
    Dude the problem is that I'm in Pakistan and I don't actually know the whole pf the process !
    I'm not sure what you mean?

Default Works in my experience
    Turn on Airplane Mode (makes the process a bit faster).
    Remove ultrasn0w & Mobile Substrate, reboot.
    Install Mobile Substrate, reboot.
    Install ultrasn0w, reboot.
    Disable Airplane Mode. It might take ~2min connecting to cellular the 1st time. 3Gs 5.1.1 BB5.13.04 should work just fine in this config.

If u encounter a timeout installing ultrasn0w from Cydia-provided repo, delete it and add http://repo666.ultrasn0w.org

Of course make sure the SIM card makes good contact. That thin copper wears fast. 7-10 insertions and it's expected to malfunction. My own card is almost worn to shreds from all the iphones I'v fixed.