Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help needed to downgrade iPhone 3G's Baseband from 6.15.00 to 5.13.04

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Help needed to downgrade iPhone 3G's Baseband from 6.15.00 to 5.13.04
    Hello Everyone,

I have a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3G running on iOS 4.2.1. I wanted to downgrade its baseband from 6.15.00 (iPad) to 5.13.04 as the GPS will work fine in the latter baseband. I have tried downgrading it using Redsn0w 0.9.14b1 but it gets stuck at "Waiting for Reboot".

I tried to restore it to a stock iOS 4.2.1 using Tiny Umbrella and iTunes but I got an error code 1015. I ignored the error and tried to jailbreak it by using Redsn0w 0.9.14b1 and downgrade it at the same time but it again gets stuck at "Waiting for Reboot". I have also tried to downgrade the baseband by using a custom iOS 4.2.1 built from Sn0w Breeze but I get the same problem whenever I start the downgrading process in Redsn0w.

Please help me to downgrade my iPhone 3G to 5.13.04...

If the phone is already jailbroken, you DONT select BOTH "Install Cydia" and "downgrade from ipad baseband" checkbox.

You only select "downgrade from ipad baseband" checkbox.

Before doing that, you need to make sure point redsn0w to the stock 4.2.1 firmware via the Extras -> Select ISPW.

Once that is done, jailbreak it but just select the downgrade ipad baseband checkbox and follow the instructions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi EVO,
    Thank You for considering my request....

At first my phone was jailbroken and unlocked. I had selected the Stock firmware (4.2.1) just as you said and I had tried to downgrade it with the "Install Cydia" option checked off and only the "downgrade baseband" option selected. But I had gotten stuck at "Waiting for Reboot".

After that, I tried to restore to that stock 4.2.1 firmware using iTunes and Tiny Umbrella and at the end got 1015 error. I ignored that error, selected my stock firmware in redsn0w and this time I tried to jailbreak it by selecting both "Install Cydia" and "Downgrade Baseband" and still got the same problem (got stuck at reboot).
    Last edited by prnc1996; 06-29-2013 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Silly Mistake :P

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now I'm facing another problem or I should say, the same problem in another way. I am not able to restore to a custom 4.2.1 firmware built using Sn0wbreeze. Whenever I try to restore it, my iPhone gets stuck at that "Preparing iPhone for restore" stage or something like that and I see the same "connect to iTunes" screen instead of that Apple logo with a progress bar underneath it which is seen on a successful restore! After that I could only kill iTunes using Task Manager as it won't close saying that here's a restore in progress eventhough I know that my iPhone has got stuck! I am not even able to kick it out of recovery mode using iReb or Tiny Umbrella as it comes back to the same Recovery screen! All I could do is only get into DFU mode and then back to Recovery mode again.

Here's what I did yesterday:

The iPhone was running WhiteD00r 6 Jailbroken and unlocked. I tried to restore it to stock 4.2.1 firmware but got 1015 error in the end! Then tried to restore it using custom 4.2.1 but had the same stuck at "preparing iPhone for restore" problem. I tried the process again and again and I found that I had spent the whole day just restarting my PC several times, trying the same process and getting the same problem. Finally, I somehow managed to install custom firmware 4.2.1 (sn0wbreeze) and then I shut down my pc! My iPhone worked fine until I noted that i was not able to download apps from the AppStore! Whenever I tapped on that "Install" button, the app icon would appear on the home screen with a "waiting" status beneath it and then it would disappear in a couple of seconds without any message/notification!

Next day (today) morning I read on the Internet that baseband 5.13.04 would give better signal, battery life and even working GPS and I tried to downgrade it using Redsn0w as I mentioned earlier and that's how all that problem started once again!!

Ok,

did you make sure you downloaded the correct 4.2.1 firmware for your iPhone 3G and NOT iPhone 3Gs?

iPhone 3G -> iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone 3Gs -> iPhone2,1_4.2.1_8C148a_Restore.ipsw

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes, I am sure that I am using the correct ipsw, the one which is made for 3G and not for 3GS. I have the file iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw and I have also made some custom Jailbroken ipsw using Sn0wbreeze.

Now my iPhone has become unusable! :'(
    It only remains in Recovery mode and whenever I need, in DFU mode!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

If you cannot put iphone into pwned dfu mode, you should be able to put iphone into dfu mode.
    Dfu mode : With iphone plugged in , hold both button for 10 sec until screen goes off and let go Power button until you hear a beep and screen is black.
    Now restore to stock 4.1 ipsw, you can kick out erro 1015 with fix recovery from TU.
    Once restored, put into pwned dfu mode and resotre to cfw of 4.2.1.
    When restored , you are at 4.2.1, you can now downgrade your ipad bb to 05.13.08.
    Hope this helps.