Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS new bootrom still on ios 4

Have 2 iPhones. One old bootrom. One new. Having issues with new. It's 5.13.04. Have shsh blobs for 5.1.1. Can't go to Ios 6 because I don't want untethered jb and dont have 6.1 shsh because cydia did not save those. Figured I'd go to 5.1 but can't restore.. Error 3194.

Is my only option to create custom firmware with stitched blobs? I've only jb with sn0wbreeze so I'm a bit confused. Do I use ifaith?

Could someone give easy step by step?

Btw I did see the redsn0w tutorial. I just don't know if I can mix different methods. First time I did it, it was the slide to unlock jb. After that I used Sn0wbreeze. Can I use other methods on top of that?
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 05-10-2013 at 07:42 PM.

Help. I screwed up! I used redsn0w and did not see the preserve the baseband so now it's on 5.16.05.

How do I get back to 5.13.04? It's new bootrom 3Gs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miz.Michele View Post
    Help. I screwed up! I used redsn0w and did not see the preserve the baseband so now it's on 5.16.05.

How do I get back to 5.13.04? It's new bootrom 3Gs
    If your phone's serial number starts with one of the following patterns:

**101... - **133...

Then open up redsn0w, go to Jailbreak, follow the instructions for entering DFU mode (point to a 5.1.1 IPSW if/when asked), and when you're at the option screen, make sure the only box checked is "Install iPad baseband." Then let the device do its thing--when it's done, you'll have the iPad baseband (06.15.00). DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THE IPAD BASEBAND IF YOUR SERIAL NUMBER DOES NOT FALL IN ONE OF THE RANGES MENTIONED EARLIER. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE.

After the iPad baseband has been installed successfully, then repeat the redsn0w Jailbreak process, this time only selecting "Downgrade iPad baseband." Let the process complete on your phone, once it's done and your phone reboots, verify that your "Modem Firmware" version reads 05.13.04 and you'll be good to go!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Orby For This Useful Post:

Miz.Michele (05-15-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If your phone's serial number starts with one of the following patterns:

**101... - **133...

Then open up redsn0w, go to Jailbreak, follow the instructions for entering DFU mode (point to a 5.1.1 IPSW if/when asked), and when you're at the option screen, make sure the only box checked is "Install iPad baseband." Then let the device do its thing--when it's done, you'll have the iPad baseband (06.15.00). DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTALL THE IPAD BASEBAND IF YOUR SERIAL NUMBER DOES NOT FALL IN ONE OF THE RANGES MENTIONED EARLIER. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE.

After the iPad baseband has been installed successfully, then repeat the redsn0w Jailbreak process, this time only selecting "Downgrade iPad baseband." Let the process complete on your phone, once it's done and your phone reboots, verify that your "Modem Firmware" version reads 05.13.04 and you'll be good to go!
    Thanks. A bunch. I did it. New bootrom is on 5.1.1. I went to iPad bb and back to 5.13.04. I've always used sn0wbreeze so this was new to me and I was like oh shoot when I saw the baseband was changed. Got old bb 3GS on 6.1.1.