Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs Upgraded to 6.1.3 STILL NO SERVICE or ACTIVATION...NEWBIE PLZ HELP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3gs Upgraded to 6.1.3 STILL NO SERVICE or ACTIVATION...NEWBIE PLZ HELP
    So I was given a jailbroken iphone 3gs to use i believe it was 5.1...??? it was stuck in DFU mode for a long time after i tried to restore it. I finally got it restore using itunes. however now it says cannot activate. Ive downloaded redsn0w, fOrcast, iFaith, Idetector, Sn0wbreeze, and several different .ispw's. However, I dont know how to use them or what to do. because i was trying downgrade using Redsn0w and redsn0w froze up at the end. I cannot use admin priv on my pc either...Im so lost i just need this fone to work...can someone plz give me step by step instructions?

This is an ATT fone I will give you all the info you that i can find.

Baseband: 06.15.00
    Bootloader: 6.4_M3S2

IMEI: 01216200998****

CPID: 8920
    CPRV: 15
    CPFM: 03
    SCEP: 03
    BDID: 00
    ECID: 000001E4A615352C
    SRTG: [iBoot-359.3.2] -- NEW BOOTROM

Green Apple
    Thanks

Baseband: 06.15.00

that's your problem.
    you need to downgrade the Baseband.
    use redsn0w.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shaul_eini For This Useful Post:

Tuckcity (04-08-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont know how to use redsn0w.....I clicked jailbreak and then downgrade base band it starts working and then gets stuck on " waiting for reboot" it wont go any further

Green Apple
    Thanks

first, downgrade the iphone ver to 6.1.2 and than use this link:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3GS, 3G Baseband for Unlock (Windows)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do i do that using Itunes?? also i cant run the computer im using in admin mode because i dont have the password

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah... with iTunes. try to use redsn0w without admin mode... most chances it'd work too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

itunes gives error 3194 and when i try to restore with redsn0w using 6.1.2 it says it cant find blobs? so im trying 6.0.1.....is this rite? it gets to "loading iBSS" and freeze's up???
    Last edited by Tuckcity; 04-08-2013 at 10:21 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i dont know how to get blobs it says i need

Instead of worrying about what shsh blobs you have backed up and having to stitch to custom firmware etc....

*WARNING* only follow these steps if you don't need the ultrsn0w unlock.(ie. using supported carrier or factory unlock)

1.Use redsn0w to restore the iPhone to ios 4.1(ios 4.1 doesn't require backed up shsh blobs)
    2.Use redsn0w to jailbreak the iphone, check the box to downgrade ipad baseband.
    3.Use redsn0w to upgrade to most current firmware( this will install a new baseband and allow your phone to activate with supported sim)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dbleug22990 For This Useful Post:

fpozzer (08-12-2013), Tuckcity (04-15-2013)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you! it worked great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbleug22990 View Post
    Instead of worrying about what shsh blobs you have backed up and having to stitch to custom firmware etc....

*WARNING* only follow these steps if you don't need the ultrsn0w unlock.(ie. using supported carrier or factory unlock)

1.Use redsn0w to restore the iPhone to ios 4.1(ios 4.1 doesn't require backed up shsh blobs)
    2.Use redsn0w to jailbreak the iphone, check the box to downgrade ipad baseband.
    3.Use redsn0w to upgrade to most current firmware( this will install a new baseband and allow your phone to activate with supported sim)
    the first 2 steps worked well and i got my 3GS with jailbroken 4.1 but i can't understand the step 3. how can i upgrade the firmware using redsn0w?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,
    It worked for me but as 59burst said I don't know how could I jump into the last firmware using redsnow.
    In fact I want to get to 6.0.1 and using redsnow to restore to this ipsw still ask for blobs that I don't have.
    Thanks for you incoming help.
    Hilema

First two steps worked perfectly! Thank you very much for the advice. However how can I do the 3rd step? Still my phone is not getting signals from the network provider. What can be the reasons? Is it due to older baseband?

Thumbs up iphone 3gs jailbreak need information step by step
    Quote Originally Posted by shaul_eini View Post
    first, downgrade the iphone ver to 6.1.2 and than use this link:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3GS, 3G Baseband for Unlock (Windows)

if 6.1.3 is not working perfectly on 3gs phones so please let me know which ios version wil b best for my device 3gs? i need perfect performance with my iphone softwares any one here to help me please? and shaul friend said great information but i need proper i am confuse between 6.1.2 and 5.1.1

Please clearify me again step by step Thanks for Read

If you have already completed step 1 and 2, then step 3 doesn't not have to be done with redsn0w. You can use itunes to restore to the most current firmware... As long as your baseband has been downgrade then any firmware restore will update the baseband. IF IT IS STILL ON IPAD BASEBAND AND YOU RESTORE TO CURRENT VERSION YOU CAN NO DOWGRADE WITHOUT LOCAL BLOB BACKUPS!

Default jailbreak iphone 3g
    The problem with upgrading with iTunes is that you do NOT want to update the base band. If your base band gets updated you need to start at the beginning again. If you use ResSnow to jailbreak or unlock your iPhone it will prompt you to select the current firmware, 6.1.2 at start, and then you can upgrade to 6.1.3 by selecting it after the process starts. This will give you a jailbreak or unlock iphone on 6.1.3 with the safe baseband from 6.1.2. Using iTunes will prevent the use of unlock and jailbreak.

Jailbreak iPhone 3G

He doesn't need the unlock according to his post.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleug22990 View Post

Thanks, that helped a lot!
    I had a 3GS with 6.1.3 and iPad baseband and had already factory unlocked my IMEI, but i couldn't activate it.
    I read everywhere about downgrading to iOS 4.1, but iTunes would throw an error when i tried to restore to that version, and with redsn0w i was able to restore it to 4.1 with no problems.
    After that, used redsn0w again to downgrade the baseband.
    Then just used iTunes to restore to the latest iOS again (6.1.3) and voila, it worked! Activated and unlocked!

Glad I could help. I sold an unlock on eBay earlier this week to a customer with the same issue. That would be funny if it was you... Did you buy your unlock on eBay from kbaer000???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast