+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs Upgraded to 6.1.3 STILL NO SERVICE or ACTIVATION...NEWBIE PLZ HELP

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I just jailbroke my iphone 3gs but after turning it on, it says NO SERVICE...what should i do?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just jailbroke my iphone 3gs but after turning it on, it says NO SERVICE...what should i do?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grbic95 View Post
    You should state your firmware version and baseband version, all of which can be found under settings > General > about.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Hi shaul_eini
    I have no shsh... And my iphone 3gs now has no ios also. But i want to update it to ios 6.1.3.
    itunes error -1, and Redsnow waiting for reboot. How can i do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i also hv same problem i've iphone 3gs on ios 4.1 but whn i try to update it cant it has only 6.1.3 shsh files past 2 days i updated it to 6.1.3 but no service and no carrier signals what should i do....??? pllz help
    tnnnx

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h0rnykill3r View Post
    i also hv same problem i've iphone 3gs on ios 4.1 but whn i try to update it cant it has only 6.1.3 shsh files past 2 days i updated it to 6.1.3 but no service and no carrier signals what should i do....??? pllz help
    tnnnx
    Is your iPhone locked to a carrier or is it factory unlocked ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=grbic95;6928685]I just jailbroke my iphone 3gs but after turning it on, it says NO SERVICE...what should i do?[/QUOTE

Hi,

The following solution worked for me. (Actually it was a long process that took about 48 hours to complete; but I'm describing the last 2 hours, where lies the solution).

Step 1: Restore your iphone 3gs to 6.1.3 using iTunes.

(You can either download the ipsw from elsewhere and shift restore or do the simple restore from itunes. In case you are struck with some errors, either repeat the restore process a few times; and it that is not working download iReb and enter DFU mode and then try restore from itunes again).

Step 2: Download Redsnow 9.15b3 and also iOS 6.0 for 3gs

(available in lot of sites, google and find out).

Step 3: Right click redsnow exe file, choose windows xp sp3 compatibility mode, and then run as administrator

Step 4: In RS, first click extras and click select IPSW, and chose iOS 6.0 that you downloaded in step 2. (even if you are trying to work on iOS 6.1.3).

(You'll be asked whether you're on old bootrom or new bootrom, choose accordingly. If you dont know which bootrom you've install forecast from ultrasnow and find out which bootroom you're in. You can also check with serial no. The third digit of the serial number identifies the year of manufacture (9=2009, 0=2010, 1=2011, 2=2012), while the fourth and the fifth indicate the week. There is a gray area between week 40 of 2009 (??940??????) and week 45 of 2009 (??940??????) where some devices have new bootrom whilst others have old bootrom. . Any iPhone made after Week 45 of 2009 (??945?????? and higher or ??0???????? serials) has the new bootrom; and any below xx940 is old bootrom)

Step 5: Click back, and then choose jailbreak, and select install cydia and upgrade to ipad baseband (if it supports your phone) and click next.

(Compatibility details: The iPad baseband will damage iPhone 3GSes that are later than approximately 2011 week 28 - you have a week 28 or later device if your serial number starts with xx128. During the span between 2011 week 28 and 2011 week 35, some devices are compatible)

Step 6: Follow redsnow DFU instructions starting from switching off your iphone religiously as mentioned in the instructions.

(Don't interpret it yourselves, just do as instructed).

Step 7: RS will fetch bb, the device will jailbreak and flash bb etc. and this will take approx. 10-15 minutes. (Relax. It is working, although there is no sign of it in the initial phase where RS is fetching files). Your device will be rebooted, but there would be no cydia. Dont panic, actually you dont even need to open your device (But if you are curious to know what is inside, you can go to settings and find that you're running ios 6.1.3 on bb 6.15)

Step 8: What you should actually do is that go back in RS, then click extras, then just boot (if you had quit RS before, ensure that you select IPSW 6.0 from where you downloaded early - Step 4). Once you do just boot, follow DFU instructions and wait for RS to finish. Now your device will have cydia as well. But wait, few more steps remain.

(You can actually skip step 9 and go to step 10 directly for untethering and unlocking (or go to step 11 if you have an old bootrom 3gs), but step 9 is suggested as it is the best format your iphone 3gs can currently have. If you skip step 9 your device will still work, but is susceptible to 1. erroneous GPS, 2. Failing network. 3. Bad battery life).

Step 9: Come back to RS, now select IPSW (as in step 4), and then go to jailbreak, click only downgrade baseband option. Follow DFU instructions again. Once done, you'll have iOS 6.1.3 with bb 5.13.04 (you can see in settings, general, about). But you're not yet unlocked yet (i.e. it still shows no service).

(Now, go to step 10 if you're on iphone 3gs with new bootrom. If you are on old bootrom, you're already untethered, so you can skip step 10 and go to step 11 directly)

Step 10: Before you unlock, first load cydia and and update it (you can do it by going to changes, then refresh, then confirm; finally reboot). Now, first search for p0sixspwn and install (so that you're in untethered jailbreak; until this step you had tethered JB).

Step 11. Now, go to Cydia again and search and install ultrasn0w. Respring the device (I suggest you reboot manually as well, slide to power off and then switch on; although this is not mandatory). Insert a SIM Card of your choice. The status will be searching for a while (from approx. 1-5 minutes), but dont panic. You'll be delighted to find a 3GS with full functionality in a while

Cheers!
    Salman
    Last edited by salman004; 02-19-2014 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Have included step 10 skipping suggestion for old bootrom 3gs, which doesnt required p0sixspwn as it is untethered byRS itslf

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=salman004;6987693]
    I just jailbroke my iphone 3gs but after turning it on, it says NO SERVICE...what should i do?[/QUOTE

Hi,

The following solution worked for me. (Actually it was a long process that took about 48 hours to complete; but I'm describing the last 2 hours, where lies the solution).

Step 1: Restore your iphone 3gs to 6.1.3 using iTunes. (You can either download the ipsw from elsehwere and shift restore or do the simple restore from itunes. In case you are struck with some errors, either repeat the restore process a few times; and it that is not working download iReb and enter DFU mode and then try restore from itunes again).

Step 2: Download Redsnow 9.15b3 and also iOS 6.0 for 3gs (available in lot of sites, google and find out).

Step 3: Right click redsnow exe file, choose windows xp sp3 compbatibility mode, and then run as administrator

Step 4: In RS, first click extras and click select IPSW, and chose iOS 6.0 that you downloaded in step 2. (even if you are trying to work on iOS 6.1.3). (You'll be asked whether you're on old bootroom or new bootroom, choose accordingly, if you dont know install forecast from ultrasnow and find out which bootroom you're in)

Step 5: Click back, and then choose jailbreak, and select install cydia and upgrade to ipad baseband and click next. (ipad baseband doesnt work for newer 3gs after a certain version. It will prompt you, ensure that your 3gs is compatible and will work with ipad baseband).

Step 6: Follow redsnow DFU instructions starting from switching off your iphone religiously as mentioned in the instructions. (Don't interpret it yourselves, just do as instructed).

Step 7: RS will fetch bb, the device will jailbreak and flash bb etc. and this will take approx. 10-15 minutes. (Relax. It is working, although there is no sign of it in the initial phase where RS is fetching files). Your device will be rebooted, but there would be no cydia. Dont panic, actually you dont even need to open your device (But if you are curious to know what is inside, you can go to settings and find that you're running ios 6.1.3 on bb 6.15)

Step 8: What you should actually do is that go back in RS, then click extras, then just boot (if you had quit RS before, ensure that you select IPSW 6.0 from where you downloaded early - Step 4). Once you do just boot, follow DFU instructions and wait for RS to finish. Now your device will have cydia as well. But wait, few more steps remain. (You can actually skip step 9 and go to step 10 directly for untethering and unlocking, but step 9 is suggested as it is the best format your iphone 3gs can currently have. If you skip step 9 your device will still work, but is susceptible to 1. erroneous GPS, 2. Failing network. 3. Bad battery life).

Step 9: Come back to RS, now select IPSW (as in step 4), and then go to jailbreak, click only downgrade baseband option. Follow DFU instructions again. Once done, you'll have iOS 6.1.3 with bb 5.13.04 (you can see in settings, general, about). But you're not yet unlocked yet (i.e. it still shows no service).

Step 10: Before you unlock, first load cydia and and update it (you can do it by going to changes, then refresh, then confirm; finally reboot). Now, first search for p0sixspwn and install (so that you're in untethered jailbreak; until this step you had tethered JB).

Step 11. Now, go to Cydia again and search and install ultrasn0w. Respring the device (I suggest you reboot manually as well, slide to power off and then switch on; although this is not mandatory). Insert a SIM Card of your choice. The status will be searching for a while (from approx. 1-5 minutes), but dont panic. You'll be delighted to find a 3GS with full functionality in a while

Cheers!
    Salman
    THIS is absolutely brilliant, Thank you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=DZOLVE;7007769]
    Quote Originally Posted by salman004 View Post

THIS is absolutely brilliant, Thank you!
    Happy to know it helped at least one person. I created an account in modmyi just to post my experience

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stuck with apple logo after reboot
    [QUOTE=salman004;6987693]
    I just jailbroke my iphone 3gs but after turning it on, it says NO SERVICE...what should i do?[/QUOTE

Hi,

Step 1: Restore your iphone 3gs to 6.1.3 using iTunes. (You can either download the ipsw from elsehwere and shift restore or do the simple restore from itunes. In case you are struck with some errors, either repeat the restore process a few times; and it that is not working download iReb and enter DFU mode and then try restore from itunes again).

Step 2: Download Redsnow 9.15b3 and also iOS 6.0 for 3gs (available in lot of sites, google and find out).

Step 3: Right click redsnow exe file, choose windows xp sp3 compbatibility mode, and then run as administrator

Step 4: In RS, first click extras and click select IPSW, and chose iOS 6.0 that you downloaded in step 2. (even if you are trying to work on iOS 6.1.3). (You'll be asked whether you're on old bootroom or new bootroom, choose accordingly, if you dont know install forecast from ultrasnow and find out which bootroom you're in)

Step 5: Click back, and then choose jailbreak, and select install cydia and upgrade to ipad baseband and click next. (ipad baseband doesnt work for newer 3gs after a certain version. It will prompt you, ensure that your 3gs is compatible and will work with ipad baseband).

Step 6: Follow redsnow DFU instructions starting from switching off your iphone religiously as mentioned in the instructions. (Don't interpret it yourselves, just do as instructed).

Step 8: What you should actually do is that go back in RS, then click extras, then just boot (if you had quit RS before, ensure that you select IPSW 6.0 from where you downloaded early - Step 4). Once you do just boot, follow DFU instructions and wait for RS to finish. Now your device will have cydia as well. But wait, few more steps remain. (You can actually skip step 9 and go to step 10 directly for untethering and unlocking, but step 9 is suggested as it is the best format your iphone 3gs can currently have. If you skip step 9 your device will still work, but is susceptible to 1. erroneous GPS, 2. Failing network. 3. Bad battery life).

Cheers!
    Salman

Hey it was fantastic steps and worked very well. At last for resolving "No Service" issue when it rebooted got stuck on apple logo.
    Appreciate help from this onward.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I suspect you might have skipped Step 8 (i.e. just boot from RS).

If you already have done Step 8, but you skipped Step 10 also this can happen.

Either way the solutions is go Step 8, then Step 10, then Step 11. (Step 9 is optional, not necessary).

If everything fails, you can restart the procedure from Step 1 (But I hope if you repeat Step 8, onwards things should work proper)

Let me know what happens. All the best

[QUOTE=pralhadz;7017562]

Hey it was fantastic steps and worked very well. At last for resolving "No Service" issue when it rebooted got stuck on apple logo.
    Appreciate help from this onward.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=salman004;7017712]I suspect you might have skipped Step 8 (i.e. just boot from RS).

Either way the solutions is go Step 8, then Step 10, then Step 11. (Step 9 is optional, not necessary).

If everything fails, you can restart the procedure from Step 1 (But I hope if you repeat Step 8, onwards things should work proper)

I have followed all steps and was stuck again on logo. Then tried few other options too.

Finally it worked when I have not installed p0sixspwn and installed only ultrasn0w. I have not allowed restart springboard (respiring) and instead pressed home button and came out and restarted manually. (I was fed-up with hanging at logo as it requires restoring, jail breaking, etc from start which was time consuming).

Anyways your steps has helped a lot to get to this stage.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=pralhadz;7018409]
    I suspect you might have skipped Step 8 (i.e. just boot from RS).

I have followed all steps and was stuck again on logo. Then tried few other options too.

Finally it worked when I have not installed p0sixspwn and installed only ultrasn0w. I have not allowed restart springboard (respiring) and instead pressed home button and came out and restarted manually. (I was fed-up with hanging at logo as it requires restoring, jail breaking, etc from start which was time consuming).

Anyways your steps has helped a lot to get to this stage.

Good to know that you have come out of the loop. Meanwhile, if you're running 6.1.3, p0sixspwn is necessary, as without which it will be an untethered jailbreak; i.e. every time power goes off you need to reboot using redsnow. So, you have to maintain your phone with your battery newer completely going off. I suggest you should install p0sixspwn to avoid this trouble in the future.

(If you're on any other versions below, 6.1.3; then p0sixspwn is not required. As you've mentioned that you're restarted manually, I think you might be on 4.1 or 6.1.2)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here is information from setting -> General -> About: Version 6.1.3 (10B329) and Modem firmware: 06.15.00
    I could switch it off and on manually without issues.

Do you mean once it goes down when battery dries up will be an issue?

One more thing: Do you see any issue with above firmware?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pralhadz View Post
    Here is information from setting -> General -> About: Version 6.1.3 (10B329) and Modem firmware: 06.15.00
    I could switch it off and on manually without issues.

Do you mean once it goes down when battery dries up will be an issue?

One more thing: Do you see any issue with above firmware?
    As this is 6.1.3, the jailbreak apps/tweaks will work on restart only if you have pOsixswpn installed. If not, it might still reboot, but the jb apps/tweaks might not work. (It might also work if you restart/boot using RS)

Firmware is fine, as long as you're not using Maps (Location) Services. Even in 6.15.00 the Maps would work (but the accuracy would be less). If you really want to have full functionality you might need to flash baseband (using Step 9). Anyway it is your call, this is completely optional.

Cheers!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

Whenever I am trying pOsixswpn it's getting hanged after restart. I don't know how to overcome this.
    I have also tried following flow mentioned some other place but hitting same hang issue:
    RS->Extras->Select ->Back->JailBreak->Install IP baseband
    RS->Extras->Select ->Back->JailBreak->Downgrade
    RS->Extras->Select ->Back->JailBreak->Install Cydea
    RS->Extras->Select ->Just Boot
    Cydia->changes->complete upgrade->Install pOsixswpn -> Install ultrasn0w

Somehow looks like not compatible with pOsixswpn.
    Appreciate help on this.

Irony is everytime it hangs I need to start from restoring it from iTunes which is time consuming.

As this is 6.1.3, the jailbreak apps/tweaks will work on restart only if you have pOsixswpn installed. If not, it might still reboot, but the jb apps/tweaks might not work. (It might also work if you restart/boot using RS)

Firmware is fine, as long as you're not using Maps (Location) Services. Even in 6.15.00 the Maps would work (but the accuracy would be less). If you really want to have full functionality you might need to flash baseband (using Step 9). Anyway it is your call, this is completely optional.

Cheers!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

Whenever I am trying pOsixswpn it's getting hanged after restart. I don't know how to overcome this.
    I have also tried following flow mentioned some other place but hitting same hang issue:
    RS->Extras->Select ->Back->JailBreak->Install IP baseband
    RS->Extras->Select ->Back->JailBreak->Downgrade
    RS->Extras->Select ->Back->JailBreak->Install Cydea
    RS->Extras->Select ->Just Boot
    Cydia->changes->complete upgrade->Install pOsixswpn -> Install ultrasn0w

Somehow looks like not compatible with pOsixswpn.
    Appreciate help on this.

Irony is everytime it hangs I need to start from restoring it from iTunes which is time consuming.
    Every time you perform an action in RS, you need to first click extras and click select IPSW, and chose iOS 6.0 that you downloaded if you had followed step 2 (even if you are trying to work on iOS 6.1.3).
    I hope you had already done this. If not this could be one issue. You may retry the steps using this action in RS (extras, select IPSW, choose ios 6.0, then go back to RS, jailbreak,......)

Now, if you've followed the steps as mentioned by you; install IP bb, downgrade, install cydia, reboot; you should be having 6.1.3 with 5.13.04 bb; Please see if you have it. Else you might have missed something in btw.

Regarding p0sixswpn, I've installed in several devices (including locked as well as unlocked 3gs) before; and had found no issues whatsoever till date. So, I'm unable to suggest anything further with the limited expertise i have.

If the issue still persist even after you follow the above steps in proper order, I suggest you may try live chat in jailbreakqa.com. Someone should be able to help you out there.

(Or can you please let me know the steps you follow(ed) from beginning to end, one by one. Let me have a final check)

Best wishes!
    Last edited by salman004; 02-18-2014 at 08:03 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am selecting IPSW (iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore) 6.0 every time before jailbreak. So I don't think that could be issue.
    Yes that's true after following last mentioned steps I was having 6.1.3 with 5.13.04 bb
    So everything is fine as per plan.

I have serial no: 88926

And after selecting IPSW 6.0, I am selecting "Is this newer model of iPhone 3GS?", I select NO (Am I doing something wrong?)

And followed all other steps as above.

thanks.

Every time you perform an action in RS, you need to first click extras and click select IPSW, and chose iOS 6.0 that you downloaded if you had followed step 2 (even if you are trying to work on iOS 6.1.3).
    I hope you had already done this. If not this could be one issue. You may retry the steps using this action in RS (extras, select IPSW, choose ios 6.0, then go back to RS, jailbreak,......)

Now, if you've followed the steps as mentioned by you; install IP bb, downgrade, install cydia, reboot; you should be having 6.1.3 with 5.13.04 bb; Please see if you have it. Else you might have missed something in btw.

Regarding p0sixswpn, I've installed in several devices (including locked as well as unlocked 3gs) before; and had found no issues whatsoever till date. So, I'm unable to suggest anything further with the limited expertise i have.

If the issue still persist even after you follow the above steps in proper order, I suggest you may try live chat in jailbreakqa.com. Someone should be able to help you out there.

(Or can you please let me know the steps you follow(ed) from beginning to end, one by one. Let me have a final check)

Best wishes!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am selecting IPSW (iPhone2,1_6.0_10A403_Restore) 6.0 every time before jailbreak. So I don't think that could be issue.
    Yes that's true after following last mentioned steps I was having 6.1.3 with 5.13.04 bb
    So everything is fine as per plan.

I have serial no: 88926

And after selecting IPSW 6.0, I am selecting "Is this newer model of iPhone 3GS?", I select NO (Am I doing something wrong?)

And followed all other steps as above.

thanks.
    I think your steps are perfect and you have the best format we could get (with the perfect bb and the latest iOS) [And yes, you've old boot room as it is built in 2009 26th week - 88926]

I'm sorry, I'm clueless why p0sixspwn is failing!
    But, where you able to unlock using ultrasnow even without p0sixspwn. If so, a temporary solution is to use the phone un-tethered (i.e. make sure it doesnt switch off - i.e. battery doesnt drain out completely; but if it does so, you might need to boot using rs again).

I'm sorry, I'm unable to suggest anything further, other than my earlier suggestion that you may login to jailbreakqa chat and ask over there. There are some really friendly experts over there. Sometimes, you might need to persist with your questions. (Or you can simply post in a forum and wait for a response).

Cheers!
    Salman
    Last edited by salman004; 02-18-2014 at 12:49 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Salman.

Others mentioned that "No need to install p0sixspwn package from cydia since I have an old bootrom 3gs which is already untethered"

So I think I can leave with it for now and check if I face any issues with this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Salman.

Others mentioned that "No need to install p0sixspwn package from cydia since I have an old bootrom 3gs which is already untethered"

So I think I can leave with it for now and check if I face any issues with this.
    Hi Prahlad,

You're correct. I was so silly to overlook this. Thanks for pointing out. I shall update it in my list too.

I hope you should enjoy your 3gs now with full functionality.

Cheers!
    Salman