+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgraded 6.1.2 to 4.1, now my 3GS is complete FUBAR

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
So I bought a 3GS said claimed to be factory unlocked. So I updated the iOS- and of course it was not the case. So the 3GS became locked to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy Downgraded 6.1.2 to 4.1, now my 3GS is complete FUBAR
    So I bought a 3GS said claimed to be factory unlocked. So I updated the iOS- and of course it was not the case. So the 3GS became locked to Tesco Mobile in UK. I tried to get it unlocked at Tesco, but as i did not have the name or the number to whom it was sold to, they would not do it.

It's produced in dec '09 with the new bootrom.
    It was iOS 6.2.1 w/ BB 05.16.08

So I thought I'd try to jailbreak it. I hacktivated it with sn0wbreeze
    I was told to downgrade to the 4.1 iOS (dont know why) so I did- and now it is FUBAR.

I dont know what happened.. But when i put it in pwned-DFU and try to restore it to 6.1.2 I get all sorts of errors, 1600, 1601, 3194.. I've tried pwned-DFU/regular DFU with authentic 6.1.2 IPSW and snowbreeze IPSW.. I also tried just to restore it by itunes without luck..

Also tried in recovery mode, giving me error 21.

In TinyUmbrella it shows up as firmwire 4.1, in itunes it says it is up to date when i put it in DFU and try to restore it..

When I plug it into the PC in non-DFU/recovery.. I get the "We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time" message.

Anyone.. Please?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same thing happened to me and ive managed to get it hacktivated ( How To Jailbreak & Hacktivate 6.1 iPhone 4/3Gs Untethered! Bypass Activation Screen No Sim Card - YouTube ) just follow instructions on vid. BUT and its a big but , this will get you past activation and cydia installed but thats as far as ive got and im getting the "NO SIGNAL" on phone so its basically an ipod. i also updated to the latest ios 6.1.3 and im not sure if there is away around the no signal and also when it reeboots without tether it stops cydia working. sorry if ive not explained myself that well im new to this hacking stuff.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok..

Thanks! I've finally managed to install the 6.1.2 again after hours of errors, recovery loops and endless frustration.
    But still, I dont get past the "No signal"..

I've done IMEI check and it came up clean (not reported stolen/barred), to be honest I really dont know what the problem is.

Green Apple
    Thanks

What baseband is showing on the phone?