+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help? Unlocking iPhone 3GS

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hey everyone I was just thinking if an idea (extracted from various websites) would work so I would really appreciate it if you would hear me out. To start of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help? Unlocking iPhone 3GS
    Hey everyone
    I was just thinking if an idea (extracted from various websites) would work so I would really appreciate it if you would hear me out.
    To start of I have and iPhone 3GS with iOS 6.1 default baseband 05.16.08 and its jail-broken by Evavsi0n.
    My main objective is to unlock my iPhone and I don't want to buy those permanent IMEI unlocks thingys.
    I was thinking of downgrading my iPhone iOS 6.1 to 4.1 and use redsn0w to change it to the iPad's baseband 06.15.00. Then afterwards downgrade the baseband to 05.13.04 to fix the GPS error. It would be unlocked however, I would be stuck on iOS 4.1. Is there anyway to update it to iOS 6.1 again but with preserve the baseband of 05.13.04?? Please help.
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can restore using redsn0w to 6.1 while preserving the 05.13.04 baseband, and also I'm pretty sure you don't have to downgrade to 4.1 to update your iPad Baseband, you can just update to iPad Baseband at iOS 6.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i need factory unlock for my 3Gs,where can i do that?i dont know on that network is locked...