+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading IOS HELP!

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Ok. This has been a major major hassle! So, I started with trying to tether jailbreak my iphone 3gs running ios6.1. No luck, it would not install Cydia. I actually
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Downgrading IOS HELP!
    Ok. This has been a major major hassle!
    So, I started with trying to tether jailbreak my iphone 3gs running ios6.1. No luck, it would not install Cydia.
    I actually really only need it jailbroken to unlock it. It's my old phone, and a friend needs it as they broke theirs.
    So, someone had told me you cannot get an unlock for 6.1 yet?
    So rather than keep attempting to jailbreak it, I decided to downgrade the IOS to 5.1.1 first, then do the process. I had the phone jailbroken before.. twice. I have never had this much trouble before.
    I am continuously getting errors in iTunes.. first 1394, then 1604, 1602, 1601 and now it's 3194. F**K! I despise needing to use iTunes, it is such a pin in the a**.
    I have managed to try and get fixes for most of the errors. I have downloaded Tinyumbrella, iReb, and have switched the numbers in the host files.
    The one that people say "works" (apparently everything should have worked), is to uncheck "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit.".. well as mu luck may have it, that is grayed out and I can't click on it.
    What can I actually do that will work..
    Or, was I misinformed and can actually unlock ios 6.1?
    I would much rather do that as there is now an untethered jailbreak. After 3 days of fighting with this, I just need some answers!
    Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, you can actually now jailbreak iPhone 3GS unthered. You can easily do this by visiting the Evasi0n's website http://www.evasi0n.com/ it's pretty easily and simple to do.. However, once you update to 6.1 you won't be able to unlock your iPhone since your baseband will change.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just use Evasi0n to unlock it. The only downside is that it changes your baseband to 05.16.08.. Making it difficult to unlock it..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

with baseband 5.16.08 how do you go about unlocking it?

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,112 Times in 6,253 Posts

Ultrasnow has been updated for 6.1

Not sure how you unlock it with evasi0n? Did they just release something new?
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah, they uploaded it on their website 2 days ago. It's very easy to do tbh. Plus it's untethered as well.
    Last edited by munlax; 02-06-2013 at 08:38 AM.