Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
12-25-2012, 10:44 AM #1Upgrade 3GS 4.1 to 4.3 with base band 06.15
I have iPhone 3GS 4.1 (base band 06.15) uncloaked and jail-broken. I need to update this to 4.3 and found thie URL
Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - How to Jailbreak Using redsn0w 0.9.6
Will this is fine to follow OR I need to do some thing else since the base band 06.15.
12-25-2012, 03:38 PM #2
Depends on if u have shsh blobs saved for 4.3 for that phone...
I would go to 5.1.1 if u have the blobs for that FW...
It's an untethered JB also...
Last edited by xboxbml; 12-25-2012 at 03:40 PM.
12-25-2012, 05:43 PM #3
Thanks, is there any link which I can follow, this is my first time doing unlocking. Would request you if you could give any reference which I can follow. Here are the details of my iPhone :
Modem Firmware: 06.15
Serial NO: 5K0485DW...
SHSSH: 4.1,4.2.1r1, 4.3.5, 5.1.1 6.0.1
System OS: MAC Snow Lion
I am really fine to upgrade my device to 5.1 if this is possible. Please suggest
Last edited by shikhardadhich; 12-25-2012 at 05:46 PM.
12-25-2012, 06:01 PM #4
Well...I had a tutorial in several other threads...let me see if I can find it...
Well, according to your list u don't have blobs for 4.3.3 which is an untethered, so I would go to 5.1.1... You may also want to downgrade that iPad BB to a standard iPhone unlockable BB. Here's my tutorial... I don't unlock myself so I've never done this exact procedure, but it should work. Others have had success...That tutorial only told u how to create no BB IPSW.. You then need to stitch those 5.1.1 blobs into it...then do the pwned DFU mode restore..
This is what I do on my 3GS... I think this works for a 4... This is a slightly modified version of my previous tutorial on 3GS for folks that didn't unlock...this should work for unlocking..at end of course u have to JB and install ultrasn0w as before...I've not done this myself all the way through as I don't unlock, so proceed at own risk. Would like to know I it works though...
This is for preserving baseband and stitching blobs...
1. Download stock iOS 5.1.1 IPSW.
2. Download redsn0w 0.9.14b2
3. Run redsn0w as administrator in windows.
3. Click on Custom IPSW button
4. Browse to downloaded stock IPSW
5. Let RS Finish creating no BB IPSW
6. Click Extras button.
7. Click SHSH blobs button.
8. Click Query button to see what blobs Cydia has for device.
9. If Cydia has required blobs, Click Stitch button.
10. Click IPSW button-browse for previously created 5.1.1 no BB IPSW file NOT the stock one.
11. Click Blobs-Cydia button to stitch remote Cydia stored blobs to IPSW.(or could do local if you have
12. Let Process and finish. It will take a few minutes.
13. Click Back button-Click Pwned DFU to put in pwned DFU mode-follow onscreen instructions.
14. Once in pwned DFU mode, close redsn0w, launch iTunes.
15. iTunes will see device in "recovery" mode. Click Check button.
16. Hold down Shift key, click Restore button. Browse to that stitched IPSW file
you created.Select it.
17. Wait for restore to finish as normal. JB as normal(or not)...Enjoy!
Last edited by xboxbml; 12-25-2012 at 06:09 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to xboxbml For This Useful Post:
12-25-2012, 10:17 PM #5
Hi Thanks for you step-by-step process. However let me explain what I did:
1) Downloaded file "iPhone2,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore"
2) Downloaded file "redsn0w_mac_0.9.14b2"
3) Open redsn0W and then select "Extra" (I am on MAC)
4) Then I select the ipsw file which I just downloaded
5) Select "Back" and then clicked on "Jailbreak"
6) Tried to do DFU mode and then my phone got stuck in "panic: We are hanging here... "
7) I reboot my phone and found its the same, nothing was changed.
Please let me know what exactly here I am doing wrong. Is the version of phone or version of downloaded files?
12-26-2012, 07:33 AM #6
Looks like u skipped steps 3-17...
12-26-2012, 07:07 PM #7
I followed step by step procedure and end up in to having a locked phone.
Now my phone is saying: "SIM card not supported" only emergency call are allowed.
PLEASE HELP, what I need to do now.This happen when I restore the stiche IPSW file with iTunes and after completing all phone did the reboot and now not working.
Last edited by shikhardadhich; 12-26-2012 at 08:10 PM.
12-26-2012, 08:11 PM #8
Thanks I found it.
I JB it and install untrasn0w by cydia....which helped me to get my n/w back
Thanks again for your support.
Last edited by shikhardadhich; 12-26-2012 at 09:04 PM.
12-27-2012, 12:04 PM #9
Glad u got it going!
02-13-2013, 09:22 PM #10
Last edited by mhabz21; 02-13-2013 at 09:25 PM.
02-20-2013, 10:48 PM #11
I did that and now my 3GS is stuck in a rebooting zone