+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G stuck on bootscreen after downgrade and jailbreak

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
After messing with this phone for a VERY! long time this is what i found : someone previously upgraded the firmware to 6.15.00 which means it was jailbroken by the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After messing with this phone for a VERY! long time this is what i found :

someone previously upgraded the firmware to 6.15.00 which means it was jailbroken by the previous owner
    but the owner after him made a mistake and "restored" to original firmware using itunes whitch eventually gave him an error and left the phone in recovery boot...

i managed to get the phone out of recovery boot and set up ios 3.1.3 on it BUT after doing so, the phone couldnt be activated and didn't read ANY of the inserted SIM cards which lead me to believe that the upgraded ipad firmware was the cause of this , so i followed a tut on how to downgrade from 6.15.00...

i used snowbreeze and created a custom ipsw (4.2.1 - by using the option to preserve the baseband )
    after that ive used itunes to shift restore the phone to the custom created firmware, itunes spins out the entire process of the restore but when it finishes and the phone is about to reboot , it gets stuck on the boot screen apple logo and it wont move from there...

i tried ignoring this and conitnued with the downgrade/jailbreak by using redsn0w version 0.9.14b2

this process also spins out flawlessly but again, the phone gets stuck at the apple logo boot screen and I am officialy clueless as to what shoudl be my next step?

not only that it's stuck at the boot screen but the PC doesn't even register that the phone is plugged in...

ANY!!! advice is welcome cause i simply don't know what on earth to do any more :S

if it helps, this is the tut i followed exactly in the process : [Tutorial] Downgrade iPhone 3G iPad Baseband

Thanks
    Thanked 4,306 Times in 1,610 Posts

I have used this same tutorial to fix a few iPhone 3G's.

I ha a friend who tried to fix them but had issues. Only difference I could see was I had a Mac and him a PC.

Are u using Mac or PC??
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Tamie_Tam (11-21-2012)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using a PC, the thing is, I took the phone to a unofficial iPhone servis shop and they managed to downgrade it and charged a lot for it -.- but wouldn't tell me how they did it of course -.-

but I'm curious for the future, do you think the only problem is the fact I was using a pc?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,306 Times in 1,610 Posts

Personally I can't say, all I can go off is my friend has tried to fix two 3G's and has struggled where as with my Mac I have had no issues.

This is the tutorial I used

http://www.whited00r.com/tutorial-do...ipad-baseband/
    Twitter Id: @Jato_BZ
    Ask questions here or there, or follow/preview my theme build process...something different