+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 6.0 to 5.1.1. - no shsh :(

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hello, I've recently bought an iPhone 4s running on ioS 5.1.1 that was unlocked via Gevey Ultra S. Some of the phone's functions were not functioning properly, so the phone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Downgrade 6.0 to 5.1.1. - no shsh :(
    Hello,

I've recently bought an iPhone 4s running on ioS 5.1.1 that was unlocked via Gevey Ultra S. Some of the phone's functions were not functioning properly, so the phone was rebooted via iTunes. However, that means that the phone is now running on ioS 6 - which also means that the unlocking card is useless. I am currently unable to activate my phone, as it requires a SIM card from a provider that I am not with. So I am now in the process of attempting to downgrade back to 5.1.1 so that I can re-jailbreak & unlock the phone. The issue at hand is that I don't have access to the SHSH blob. However, I do believe that Cydia had previously been installed on the phone (before it was rebooted) - is there any way I would be able to access this information? To my understanding it should be cached at a server, right?

To be honest I had absolutely no idea about any of this before I got this phone, so I may as well be trying to fix it with a hammer. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
    Alex

Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

Even with 5.1.1 SHSH once you go to 6.0 on a 4S you cannot go back. They have new gevey sims for 6.0 though on applenberry. Not sure if they activate the phone though so you would also need to get a sim from whatever carrier the phone is locked to. Or you can try and get it officially unlocked, do you know who it is locked to?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's locked to Sprint, which is unavailable here in Canada

Thanks

You can try and get it unlocked here: http://www.officialunlocks.com/imei.php
    Its not cheap though

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So there is no longer any way for me to get my hands on the 5.1.1 SHSH now that the phone has been rebooted to iOS 6? I was naively hoping that because Cydia had previously been installed that the 5.1.1 SHSH blob would be somewhere..
    The only SHSH that TinyUmbrella is coming up with is that of the iOS 6.

Thanks

No way to save them now. And like I said it wouldn't matter even if you did have them. Once a 4S is on 6.0 there is no going back to 5.X firmware, even with shsh.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dang. Well I ended up dishing out an additional $150 to get an IMEI unlock. However, in terms of downgrading from iOS 6 to 5.1.1 on an iPhone 4s, I came across this tutorial and thought it may be of interest to you, if you want to take a look at the process that I had wanted to downgrade with:

How to downgrade iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1 on A4 devices

I was told that this would also work for 4s, but I guess that is not the case from what you are telling me.
    My heart aches for having spent so much money on this finicky little phone!

Thanks

Ya, no that won't work on a 4S. Restoring to a stitched custom firmware requires the phone to be put into pwned DFU, which requires a bootrom exploit, which the 4S does not have.