+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgraded baseband to 5.13.04; no signal, no wifi, no bluetooth, cannot make calls

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have a 3G on Tmobile. I originally had a problem w/my gps, and learned that since I updated to ios 4.2, baseband 6.15, it screws up the gps. So
    Thanks

Angry Downgraded baseband to 5.13.04; no signal, no wifi, no bluetooth, cannot make calls
    I have a 3G on Tmobile.
    I originally had a problem w/my gps, and learned that since I updated to ios 4.2, baseband 6.15, it screws up the gps. So I found a way to downgrade the baseband, as was just recently figured out earlier this year.

I used Redsnow to downgrade the baseband, and followed some instructions here: How To: Downgrade iPhone 3G/3GS from 6.15.00 to 5.13.04 AND fix Cydia apps + unlock. And since I was not able to go online on my phone, the link had a way to copy the deb files via my pc (ifunbox) for the mobilesubstrate and ultrasnow.

Thing is, when I restarted the phone, as per the instructions on that link, and looked in the directory (via my pc) both files had vanished. i don't know if something went wrong or if they were moved.

Anyway, I don't think the whole procedure worked b/c now I cannot get wifi, bluetooth, no firmware is listed in the settings, and it says it cannot make calls. It also keeps restarting every few min. It's saying to factory restore it but that'll get rid of my jailbreak.

Is there anything I can do?
    If I do restore it, then what os, baseband etc should I use so my gps will work again? Can you provide me w/a link or instructions?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,828 Times in 6,893 Posts

Try to restore to 3.1.3 first to see if that fixes your baseband. If it does then you will still have a baseband that can be unlocked and not break GPS.

Oh, and the files are supposed to disappear from the autoinstall cydia folder after a reboot. You should be able to see them under packages when opening cydia after the reboot.

Thanks

Hi. well I did what you suggested, after I found out how. My os is 3.1.2 (as I read a few places to use that not 3.1.3) and baseband is 5.11.07. GPS seems to work so far.

The thing is, when I installed Cydia, I it said the version was no longer supported and to update. So I did (the Essentials) and got some errors how some things weren't installed or something. When I finished all that, I was stuck on the Apple spinning wheel for about 10 min then I forced a restart and it seemed fine.

That scared me b/c the ENTIRE reason I even updated to OS 4.2 was b/c Cydia had some updates, which I did, and then I was stuck at the Apple logo and couldn't get out. So I was forced to update (at least according to a friend). So updating Cydia always freaks me out now. Are there packages I should check, seeing as I got those errors? Are there ones I should never update? Can I pick them out individually instead of the menu where it says "install Essentials, Everything, or Nothing"?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,828 Times in 6,893 Posts

It is fine to update stuff, just if it says reboot or respring on 3.1.X firmwares I prefer to just manually reboot it at that point. That should stop it from getting stuck.
    If you want to go to 4.2.1 you can still but you just need to use pwnage tool or snowbreeze to make a custom 4.2.1 so that you can preserve that 5.11.07 baseband and still unlock fine after.

Thanks

I didn't know I could do that (not change the baseband). I depended on a friend to tell me how to do it and I don't think he knew you could do that. I'm kinda afraid to change anything again...