+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLEASE someone help . error -1

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
my iphone 4s got stolen so i bought a 3gs from a friend that was stuck in recovery thinking it would be a easy fix boy was i wrong. im
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default PLEASE someone help . error -1
    my iphone 4s got stolen so i bought a 3gs from a friend that was stuck in recovery thinking it would be a easy fix boy was i wrong. im an att suscriber so i figured i could just connect to itunes and restore to ios 6 seeing how i dont mind ios 6 and everything would be great . well it doesnt work i get error -1 i have never in my life seen that error and after doing searches no one knows how to fix it. so im praying someone on here can help me im phoneless and it sucks . ive tried downgrading to 5.1.1 and nothing is working . i can tell you that it is a new bootrom phone the serial number begins with 88125 so i would assume its a older 3gs . i consider my self to be pretty computer savvy and have unlocked a few iphones for friends never with out a problem but this is hell . ive tried downgrading to 5.1.1 and change my host file and get 3194 so restored my host file to original run tiny umbrella and 1600 . I just need a working phone if only i could find the kid that stole the 4s . anyway if anyone out there can help me with the -1 problem i would greatly appreciate it. thanks guys any other info that you need from me just let me know . also im running windows 7

Thanks
    Thanked 15,194 Times in 6,975 Posts

error 1 is a baseband error. So I am guessing the phone either has the ipad baseband installed on it or their is a issue with it. What you can first do to get the phone up and running is using redsnow 0.9.15b2 restore feature under the "even more" section (make sure to run redsnow in windows xp compatibility mode). Choose the restore option, point it to a 6.0 firmware for 3GS and make sure to click yes when it asks you about baseband preservation mode. Then just follow the instructions. This should get you on 6.0 so you can then see what is what with your baseband and what SHSH you have (tiny umbrella can help you see what SHSH you have, make sure to select the box under advanced that says "request SHSH from cydia").

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the reply so i did what you said and the first time i tried it it said error 2601 in redsnow unexpected error . but it did look like it was going to work then i tried over and over again and what happens is that redsnow does its thing then waits for the phone to go back into recovery mode and basically redsnow times out and pops up with a error message saying unable to find recovery mode device and the very second that message pops up my computer chimes and it says recovery device detected but the process stops as soon as that message pops up . i did change it to xp compatibility mode and run it as administrator the first time i did it i thought it was going to work it got all the way to the progress bar on the phone and then error 2601 and froze up on the phone . this sucks already . thanks again for your time and help with this . im pulling my hair out here.

its tough i have a 2 year old daughter im a electrician and my phone is crucial to my life . plus do you know how hard it is to locate a payphone these days ? seriously next time your driving around look around you just dont see them any more and where ever you do find them they are in the most obvious embarassing spots like at the corner of the busiest intersection in my city so everyone i know drives past seeing me on the payphone it sucks lol .

Thanks

Ok, let's try a different route. Follow this to get your ECID: iClarified - iPhone - How to Find Your iPhone ECID [Windows]

THen manually enter your device ECID into tiny umbrella and see what SHSH you have (remember to click the box to request SHSH from cydia). From there we can see what firmware you can go to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i followed the instructions and this is what i have i just copied and paste what is on the right hand side of that program i see the ECID i entered it into tiny umbrella and created a device name 02147909CD0D is my ECID (HEX) and 2286953286925 is my ECID (dec) thats all the info i got and have . Ive also tried downgrading to ios 5.1.1 and 5.0.1 and everytime i do it threw itunes i get a error usually a 3194 error and if i run TU i get a 20 error . i tried changing the host file to cydias servers but for some reason i still get a 3194 error . i do edit the file under admin and save. i have mcafee virus software on the computer but even if i disable the firewall i still get the errors. I would be fine with downgrading to 5.0.1 or 5.1.1 and using my phone from there but i cant even manage that. If you respond tonight i might not be able to get back to you till the morning. Im also a single dad and have my daughter to go take care of so cant mess around any longer tonight with my phone but i will be at it again in the morning. If there is any trutorials you can send me a link to or anything like that ill try. im not sure if the problem of downgrading lies with my anti virus software or what it is , but thats the info you told me to get let me know what you think. and thanks again for your time man i really do appreciate it if all goes well and i can get this up and working i have no problem sending you something via paypal for helping me out. thanks again - Matt

Device Descriptor:
    bcdUSB: 0x0200
    bDeviceClass: 0x00
    bDeviceSubClass: 0x00
    bDeviceProtocol: 0x00
    bMaxPacketSize0: 0x40 (64)
    idVendor: 0x05AC (Apple Computer)
    idProduct: 0x1281
    bcdDevice: 0x0000
    iManufacturer: 0x02
    0x0409: "Apple Inc."
    iProduct: 0x03
    0x0409: "Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode)"
    iSerialNumber: 0x04
    0x0409: "CPID:8920 CPRV:15 CPFM:03 SCEP:04 BDID:00 ECID:000002147909CD0D IBFL:02 SRNM:[84137BVEEDG]"
    bNumConfigurations: 0x01

ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected
    Current Config Value: 0x01
    Device Bus Speed: High
    Device Address: 0x02
    Open Pipes: 1

Endpoint Descriptor:
    bEndpointAddress: 0x04 OUT
    Transfer Type: Bulk
    wMaxPacketSize: 0x0200 (512)
    bInterval: 0x00

Configuration Descriptor:
    wTotalLength: 0x0039
    bNumInterfaces: 0x02
    bConfigurationValue: 0x01
    iConfiguration: 0x05
    0x0409: "Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode)"
    bmAttributes: 0x80 (Bus Powered )
    MaxPower: 0xFA (500 Ma)

Interface Descriptor:
    bInterfaceNumber: 0x00
    bAlternateSetting: 0x00
    bNumEndpoints: 0x01
    bInterfaceClass: 0xFE
    bInterfaceSubClass: 0x01
    bInterfaceProtocol: 0x02
    iInterface: 0x00

Endpoint Descriptor:
    bEndpointAddress: 0x04 OUT

Interface Descriptor:
    bInterfaceNumber: 0x01
    bAlternateSetting: 0x00
    bNumEndpoints: 0x00
    bInterfaceClass: 0xFF
    bInterfaceSubClass: 0xFF
    bInterfaceProtocol: 0x51
    iInterface: 0x00

Interface Descriptor:
    bInterfaceNumber: 0x01
    bAlternateSetting: 0x01
    bNumEndpoints: 0x02
    bInterfaceClass: 0xFF
    bInterfaceSubClass: 0xFF
    bInterfaceProtocol: 0x51
    iInterface: 0x06
    0x0409: "Apple USB Serial Interface"

Endpoint Descriptor:
    bEndpointAddress: 0x81 IN

Endpoint Descriptor:
    bEndpointAddress: 0x02 OUT

Thanks

You cant use tiny umbrella to restore your device to 5.X firmware, you have to stitch your SHSH to the firmware first then restore to that. Your 3GS has 5.1.1 SHSH (I checked it myself from your ECID), so you can go to that.
    You can follow this to get there: iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3GS From iOS 6.x to iOS 5.x (Windows)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i get the same problem its driving me nuts now it get to uploading iBEC the progress bar goes all the way across then its like redsnow times out from waiting for the phone to pop back into recovery mode because i get a error message saying could not find recovery device and the second after that message pops up my computer chimes and redsnow at the bottom of the window says recovery device detected if redsnow would keep searching for a recovery device just 3 seconds longer it would see my phone . but i followed all the steps perfectly and its the same problem as before when i was trying to get into ios 6 same thing im going to try deleting and re downloading redsnow but i dont think it will help . any ideas?

i get the same problem its driving me nuts now it get to uploading iBEC the progress bar goes all the way across then its like redsnow times out from waiting for the phone to pop back into recovery mode because i get a error message saying could not find recovery device and the second after that message pops up my computer chimes and redsnow at the bottom of the window says recovery device detected if redsnow would keep searching for a recovery device just 3 seconds longer it would see my phone . but i followed all the steps perfectly and its the same problem as before when i was trying to get into ios 6 same thing im going to try deleting and re downloading redsnow but i dont think it will help . any ideas?
    Last edited by mattleo; 10-26-2012 at 10:41 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so after just attempting it over and over again after restarting and trying it finally made it past iBEC and got a progress bar on my phone and then just like we did with the ios6 it came up unexpected error 2601 and the bar froze on the phone. im beginning to think this phone is worthless and im screwed

Thanks

Did you choose yes to preserve the baseband?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes I did

Thanks

Sounds like a hardware issue then if you are still getting that error when preserving the baseband.

Thanks

Nothing wrong with hardware it's the resn0w when u preserved baseband with it will give u error

Step one if u r restoring 5.1.1
    Then make custom ipsw with Snowbreeze or older version of redsnow
    but I recommend Snowbreeze
    then try to restore with latest
    redsn0w when it's ask u to preserved baseband then hit No it will eaten u but still choose no that should solve ur problem bcz last week i went threw same
    Last edited by saleen_GT; 10-26-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saleen_GT View Post
    Nothing wrong with hardware it's the resn0w when u preserved baseband with it will give u error

Step one if u r restoring 5.1.1
    Then make custom ipsw with Snowbreeze or older version of redsnow
    but I recommend Snowbreeze
    then try to restore with latest
    redsn0w when it's ask u to
    snowbreeze can not make a custom firmware with your SHSH stitched into it. 5.X firmware requires this to be able to restore to it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So what do you think ? Should I try that ? Is there any other options available for me ? Can I go down to 5.0.1? It loaded ios6 in it but at the end of iTunes restore it gave me -1 error and put it in recovery is there a way to boot the phone and get it out of recovery ? I tried kicking it out with tu no luck I put into dfu and tried fix recover still nada? Or is there a way to just get it on somehow lol? This happend with my old phone I got stuck in recovery after I loaded 4.2.1 on it and I just ran redsbow and it got the phone to turn on after jailbreaking it. Sadly ive tried it already and won't finish the jailbreak on my phone it says error in white letters and says to shut down using slide to turn off and turn back on but it stays in recovery .can I make a custom ISpw and pwndfu then load the custom firmware in iTunes ? It looks like it's going to work then I get a 3194 error in iTunes this is driving me nuts it really is it's so frustrating .if there's any trutorials I should folkie let me know I'll try anything I just don't know what to do . The phone is in mint condition literally never opened still a virgin not one scratch on it anywhere front or back it looks brand new . Im going crazy with this

Thanks

You can always restore to 4.1 and use redsnows recovery fix option to get out of recovery after you get the error.

Thanks

Create custom firmware then stitch shsh blogs

If u r phone is old bootrom then create custom firmware then resote with redsnow u don't need shsh to stitched
    Last edited by saleen_GT; 10-26-2012 at 08:30 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

My phone is the new bootrom but the serial number starts with 88125 so what do I do with new bootrom is there a guide to creating custom and stitching shsh and I don't have any shsh saved locally Simon said there is 5.1.1 shshs saved on cydias how do I get them creat custom then restore to 5.1.1 ? Or is that not possible? I'd really like to stay with 5.0.1 and up for app reasons but if I can't do so maybe I can go to 4.1 then upgrade to ios6 from that ? Maybe ?

Thanks

I told you how to get your shsh already. Save them locally with tiny umbrella. Then when you make the custom stitched firmware you can point redsnow to the shsh tiny umbrella saved.
    Not sure it will help at this point though.

Quote Originally Posted by saleen_GT View Post
    Create custom firmware then stitch shsh blogs

If u r phone is old bootrom then create custom firmware then resote with redsnow u don't need shsh to stitched
    He explained in his first post that it is new bootrom.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not sure how to save a 5.1.1 shshs if my phone is in ios6 is there a guide to making a custom firmware with stitched shshs just so I don't miss any steps. And you said in your first post that a -1 error is a baseband error is there a way to change the baseband with redsnow or another program then run the restore to 6 ? Sorry if im asking to many questions im just not sure and everytime it's a dumb problem like 3194 and I feel like its a problem with my computer . Thanks again for all your help and time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Your best bet by the sound of of things is to go to 4.1 & preserving your baseband. As Simon has already said, he's checked & you'll be able to take it to 5.1.1.

If you get to 4.1 & that works, then the main thing here is that you should hopefully have an operational phone. Then from there you can look at 5.1.1 for preference regarding your apps.