+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help upgrading

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have an iphone 3gs..i upgraded the ios to 4.02 - 2 years ago and since then i cant seem to update my ios..ive tried 4.3...5..even 6 says its not
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need help upgrading
    I have an iphone 3gs..i upgraded the ios to 4.02 - 2 years ago and since then i cant seem to update my ios..ive tried 4.3...5..even 6 says its not compatible..how now? Any tips or ideas

Thanks
    Thanked 9,527 Times in 5,846 Posts

If you are not jailbroken and have SHSH blobs saved, you can only update to 6.0.
    Are you getting an iTunes error when you try to update to 6.0? If so, what number?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, its not jailbroken...what is and how do i save the SHSH blobs? Its the 3194 error code..not suitable for this build or something like that...

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

3194 means ya don't have the correct firmware ya going to. Like Bo said ya need shsh blobs to do what ya trying to do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help, problem restoring iphone 4 GSM
    Hi,

I have an Iphone 4 GSM factory unlocked, in may i have jailbroken the iphone with rocky racoon, since this moment, i canīt turn off the iphone because comes the message "Conect to Itunes", after severals attemps the iphone comeback. the last weekend i have updated the iphone to IOS 6, the iphone now is showing conect to itunes, i canīt restore with itunes because the restoring stop after 80%... i have tried to restore with redsn0w, but redsn0w says "Device in dfu mode intead recovery mode"... Please if somebody know what i have to do please help me.

Thanks

Oh boy... Yeah, you shouldn't do any OTA iOS update on a JB phone...

Did u do a fresh restore in iTunes to ios 6 or OTA update?... Anyway, to what version r u currently trying to restore?
    Last edited by xboxbml; 10-18-2012 at 12:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Oh boy... Yeah, you shouldn't do any OTA iOS update on a JB phone...

Did u do a fresh restore in iTunes to ios 6 or OTA update?... Anyway, to what version r u currently trying to restore?
    iīm trying to restore to IOS 6, in this moment the Iphone is not Jailbroken, i did a fresh restore in itunes but this just works for few hours, i was testing turning off and turning on the iphone but in the last time that i turned off the iphone didnīt turn on correctly.

Now, when i try to do the restore, the process stop in 80%, "restoring Iphone Firmware", sometimes the process stop "Preparing Iphone for restore"... If i tried to restore with redsn0w says "Device in DFU mode instead Recovery mode".

Do you thing i have a hardware damaged in the iphone?

Thanks

I guess it's possible... iTunes will usually throw an error though if that's the case.. Maybe try uninstall n reinstall iTunes.. Or use another computer n try..