Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgraded baseband OK but now can't apply a stock 6.0!

Default Downgraded baseband OK but now can't apply a stock 6.0!
    Hi,

I have a (now) IMEI-unlocked 3GS on iOS 4.1 which needed its baseband downgrading from 06.15 to 05.13.04 with redsnow.

After downgrading the phone now shows 05.13.04 and radio related services like GPS and WiFi seem fine. All good so far. Trouble is that whenever I try to apply a stock iOS 6.0 through iTunes it throws an Error 11.

Anyone have any ideas / suggestions? I've checked the hosts file and no Apple hosts are being redirected / pointed elsewhere.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks

Hmmm...very interesting...so ur phone is carrier unlocked now?... If so no need for current baseband...what version iTunes u have? Need latest... I would even try a custom stitched IPSW of 5.1.1 with 5.1.1 blobs if u have them..

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Hmmm...very interesting...so ur phone is carrier unlocked now?... If so no need for current baseband...what version iTunes u have? Need latest... I would even try a custom stitched IPSW of 5.1.1 with 5.1.1 blobs if u have them..
    Err, right. I'm not actually interested what basement I have (now that GPS works), I'm just trying to get to a current iOS. Latest iTunes, Mac.

Steve

Thanks

Try just putting in DFU mode n restore...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xboxbml For This Useful Post:

briangriffin (10-14-2012)

Clearly it had been a long day. Now why didn't I think of DFU? :-(

Many thanks!

Steve

Thanks

So is it working now?

It is.

WIFi, GPS and cellular radios following BB downgrade with redsnow and update to iOS 6 in DFU. It wouldn't take an iOS 6 update (from 4.1) until it was in DFU mode.

Steve

Thanks

Great! Glad u got it going!!

I am on same boat or going to
    Did u use iTunes or redsn0w and did u persevered baseband with if not did it got upgraded with ios6 thanks

Hi,

Me too on the same boat.... Only yesterday i got my 3gs downgraded from 06.15 to 05.13.04. My phone is currently software unlocked. Can i still update with itunes to IOS 6 putting phone in DFU mode? Will this cause me to loose the jail break and unlock? And the most worrying part is does it will brick my phone?

Please reply. I would be very thankful.

Aravind

Thanks
    Thanked 2,758 Times in 2,647 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aravindpet View Post
    Hi,

Me too on the same boat.... Only yesterday i got my 3gs downgraded from 06.15 to 05.13.04. My phone is currently software unlocked. Can i still update with itunes to IOS 6 putting phone in DFU mode? Will this cause me to loose the jail break and unlock? And the most worrying part is does it will brick my phone?

Please reply. I would be very thankful.

Aravind

You can preserve this baseband when you restore to IOS 6.0 using Redsn0w 0.9.15b2 > Restore button. You will need Ultrasn0w fixer for IOS 6.0 together with Ultrasn0w from Cydia to unlock your 05.13.xx bb.
    As far as bricking your iphone, it depends whether you know what you are doing. If you simply apply jailbreak by trial and error or a noob without any knowledge of jailbreaking, you may end up bricking your iphone.

Don't do that bcs redsn0w will give u error if u try to restore to ios6 with preserved baseband unknown error 2601 it's bug in redsn0w so don't try just wait for new version of redsn0w to come out

Saleen,

Thanks so much for the information. But iam looking for standard Itunes way of updating my IOS from 4.1 to 6. Few questions i have as i said in my previous message, 1) Iam currently at IOS 4.1 05.13.04bb and jailbroken and unlocked using ultrasnow. 2) So if i update by putting my phone in DFU, Restore and update IOS 6 does it cause any harm to the phone? like bricking? and i also think it will remove my jailbreaking and unlocking. am i correct?

Aravind

Thanks

I wouldn't go to 6 yet... JB not stable enough n tethered... Go to 5.1.1 if u have shsh blobs for 5.1.1...

You need to create no BB IPSW and then you need to stitch those 5.1.1 blobs into it...then do the pwned DFU mode restore..

This is what I do on my 3GS... I think this works for a 4... This is a slightly modified version of my previous tutorial on 3GS for folks that didn't unlock...this should work for unlocking..at the end of course u have to JB and install ultrasn0w as before...I've not done this myself all the way through as I don't unlock, so proceed at own risk.

This is for preserving baseband and stitching blobs...

1. Download stock iOS 5.1.1 IPSW.
    2. Download redsn0w 0.9.14b2
    3. Run redsn0w as administrator in windows.
    3. Click on Custom IPSW button
    4. Browse to downloaded stock IPSW
    5. Let RS Finish creating no BB IPSW
    6. Click Extras button.
    7. Click SHSH blobs button.
    8. Click Query button to see what blobs Cydia has for device.
    9. If Cydia has required blobs, Click Stitch button.
    10. Click IPSW button-browse for previously created 5.1.1 no BB IPSW file NOT the stock one.
    11. Click Blobs-Cydia button to stitch remote Cydia stored blobs to IPSW.(or could do local if you have
    them local).
    12. Let Process and finish. It will take a few minutes.
    13. Click Back button-Click Pwned DFU to put in pwned DFU mode-follow onscreen instructions.
    14. Once in pwned DFU mode, close redsn0w, launch iTunes.
    15. iTunes will see device in "recovery" mode. Click Check button.
    16. Hold down Shift key, click Restore button. Browse to that stitched IPSW file
    you created.Select it.
    17. Wait for restore to finish as normal. JB as normal(or not)...Enjoy!

Hi..Thanks again. But i dont have SHSH for 5.1.1 and do have any procedure to get it. Cant i directly upgrade to IOS 5.1.1 with Itunes restore???? It puzzles me...

Aravind

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

If ya don't have the blobs for that firmware ya can't upgrade to them or downgrade them.

Hi..,

Do you need ShSh code even when you update through iTunes?

Aravind

Thanks
    Thanked 7,065 Times in 4,206 Posts

If ya going to the latest one no. Anything else yea