+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I get 4.3 on an iPhone 3?

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
I have just jailbreaken an iPhone 3 using RedSn0w. Purpose is to find a way to upgrade from 4.2.1 so I can use several apps that require 4.3, including Facebook.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How do I get 4.3 on an iPhone 3?
    I have just jailbreaken an iPhone 3 using RedSn0w. Purpose is to find a way to upgrade from 4.2.1 so I can use several apps that require 4.3, including Facebook. Alternative is to be able to install the old Facebook.

Thank you someone for patiently pointing me forward. I have read that somewhere on Cydia there should be an older version of Facebook, and maybe I need something called appsynch. I haven't been able to find other info for this old a phone.

Ok, I know. An ancient phone. I had a 3GS, jailbroken, as a GoPhone, but washed it. A friend gave me an iPhone 3. We have very little cell phone reception, so primarily use it as a PDA (spreadsheets, notes, etc), calendar, with occasional phone calls. Oh, and I will start using Square for credit cards. Oh, and Facebook to promote our farmers market while at market.

For one, I don't use a phone enough to justify a regular phone plan. Second, I wash a phone or camera at least once a year (farmer - sometimes get clothes so dirty they go directly into the wash, or sometimes the camera gets put into a tote of salad greens, covered with greens, and then the greens get washed). So, don't roll your eyes too much about an iPhone 3, though if anyone has a stash of newer they would like to donate ...

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,063 Times in 4,205 Posts

4.2.1 is the highest firmware ya iPhone 3G can go to. Not sure what else ya wanna know. So ask again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default On the same lines as this question
    If you would rather I start a new thread I can but I am on about the same page.

I have a 3G (I am in Peru) It is jailbroke and unlocked.

I locked it up twice now and do not want to do it again so now I am very careful.

The last time I took it to the Peruvian guru He uses a flash to get it back running. It came back with 3.1.3 (7E18). I want to go back to 4.2.1 which I had last time before I froze it, but I do not want to have to go back to the guru because I froze it up again. can I update not restore without any problems? is there a way I can backup even the OP sys and load it back on it I have problems? I have Cydia. does tiny umbrella do anything for me?

Dan