+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 3gs iOS6 to 5.1.1

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Yup...several times now...
    Thanks

Yup...several times now...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

could you perhaps talk me through how you did it?

Thanks

Thanks

Need shsh blobs for that phone for 5.1.1... Download n run redsn0w 0.9.14b2 as administrator on windows. Use extras button to create stitched custom no baseband IPSW file with blobs...put in pwned DFU mode with RS n open iTunes n do shift click restore n brows to no BB created stitched file... There r guids out there..search for them if u need to...

I could give more detail but mobile now...need pc to give exact details..
    YOU HAVE TO HAVE SHSH BLOBS for ANY version to which you want to restore after 3.1.3. This is for A4 devices only. IE. 3GS. 4s is stuck on 6 if you updated...

I'm on pc now... Here's what I do...BTW** I don't unlock..I'm 3GS new boot on AT&T...If you UNLOCK, this procedure may be slightly different. Get more pro advice if you UNLOCK!! I've now read previous posts and I see posts from others with knowledge of unlocking... heed their advice... This procedure that follows is only good for 3GS that is carrier locked.

I also NEVER restore from a backup... I do the restore, and setup as a new phone... I don't care about game data, texts etc. I have everything i need backed up outside iTunes backup. I have contacts, calendar, Notes synced with Outlook on pc. I have all pics n vids dragged out of Camera Roll into My Pictures folder on pc and synced back to phone. I have Music and Movies synced through iTunes but stored on pc, so I could lose the phone and still have everything I care about...Anyway, that's what I do. You can still do the restore, and restore from a backup. I would just possibly manually rename the old backup(under C:/Users/"userid"/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/MobileSync/Backup, you will see a folder with really long name(ie. 52ff11c0494cc3ac6d3cdad8a2554d7xxxx). Look for the most recent by date modified. Do a rename on the folder, leave the current name, but tac on the date modified showing in windows(ie. 53dd21c0493dd3be6d3cdad8a2554d76348d2153-20121008-211231 . Then, in iTunes, right click on your devices and select backup and make iTunes create a new fresh full backup file. Sometimes the old ones can get corrupted and cause issues later... here you go.

Prodedure for iOS 6 to 5.1.1 downgrade

1. Download stock iOS 5.1.1 IPSW.
    2. Download redsn0w 0.9.14b2
    3. Run redsn0w as administrator in windows.
    4. Click Extras button.
    5. Click SHSH blobs button.
    6. Click Query button to see what blobs Cydia has for device.
    7. If Cydia has required blobs, Click Stitch button.
    8. Click IPSW button-browse for downloaded 5.1.1 IPSW file.
    9. Click Blobs-Cydia button to stitch remote Cydia stored blobs to IPSW.(or could do local if you have
    them local).
    10. Let Process and finish. It will take a few minutes.
    11. Click Back button-Click Pwned DFU to put in pwned DFU mode-follow onscreen instructions.
    12. Once in pwned DFU mode, close redsn0w, launch iTunes.
    13. iTunes will see device in "recovery" mode. Click Check button.
    14. Hold down Shift key, click Restore button. Browse to that stitched IPSW file
    you created.Select it.
    15.Wait for restore to finish as normal. JB as normal(or not)...Enjoy!
    Last edited by xboxbml; 10-09-2012 at 03:08 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

xboxbml: Thank you for the reply! If all else fails I will definitely downgrade to 5.1.1.

Has anyone any advice on being able to unlock ios 6 so I can use any SIM card in the phone, because it was unlocked, and now seems to be locked to o2 again. Thank you!

Joe

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12