+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs serial number XX034X with no bb

is a discussion within the

3G[S] Downgrading

forums, a part of the

Jailbreak / Downgrading / Upgrading

section;
Hi everyone i have a problem with my iphone 3gs (year 2010 week 34) with ios 4.3.3 upgraded to 5.1.1 and now it looks like the baseban was erased, i
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3gs serial number XX034X with no bb
    Hi everyone i have a problem with my iphone 3gs (year 2010 week 34) with ios 4.3.3 upgraded to 5.1.1 and now it looks like the baseban was erased, i have no shsh files and with forecast it shows bootloader N/A and baseband N/A. Later i downgraded to original and Cfw 4.1 (with 6.15 bb) and still the same no bootloader and no baseband) the later i try to install i pad baseband with redsnow ans still the same what can i do?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Try the baseband downgrade again. If it's still blank, do it a couple more times (the downgrade, not the upgrade). There shouldn't be a problem with the baseband changes on a 2010 model.

EVO
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Try the baseband downgrade again. If it's still blank, do it a couple more times (the downgrade, not the upgrade). There shouldn't be a problem with the baseband changes on a 2010 model.
    it may be a problem if he tried updating to 5.1.1 in itunes on an iphone that previously had the ipad baseband installed

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    it may be a problem if he tried updating to 5.1.1 in itunes on an iphone that previously had the ipad baseband installed
    Could you explain this please? I wasn't aware of this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    When i try to downgrade in redsnow this app shows me that i have to upgrade and no downgrade, the phone doesnt have baseband.

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Thats new info!!!

EVO
    Thanks

the problem with updating or restoring to a stock firmware with the ipad baseband installed is that the phone is on an "ipad" baseband.....thats why its not meant for an iphone to flash to an ipad baseband, so by updating/restoring to a stock iOS firmware, it "may" damage the baseband since there is a stability issue with running an iOS meant for iphones concurrently with an iphone baseband flashed with ipad baseband meant to be used for ipads.

another thing is when you update/restore to a stock iOS firmware on an ipad baseband 3gs, it usually (but not always) errors out, because the 3gs will not accept a stock firmware